cleaned fins on radiator and replaced radiator cap
any tips to resolve welcomed

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Tighten the fan belt?

Clean the screen in front of the radiator?

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
Looks like you have a classic there mate. Next thing I would check is water pump flow.
I've had the opportunity to visit your shores.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Hello having trouble with my L1501DT running hot
have flushed radiator
cleaned fins on radiator and replaced radiator cap
any tips to resolve welcomed
How do you know it's overheating? Sending unit could be bad. Use an infra-red thermometer. If it's really hot, then make sure the thermostat is opening fully. Most often it's the radiator airside that gets clogged with seeds, chaff, and dirt. Make sure you clean it so you and see through it. Also look at the lower hose when at high rpm. Sometimes that collapse under max rpm conditions and restrict flow. Make sure rad cap has the correct pressure rating. Somebody mentioned making sure the belt driving the waterpump should be tight.

Angus H

Equipment
L1501 DT
Oct 28, 2023
Toowoomba
How do you know it's overheating? Sending unit could be bad. Use an infra-red thermometer. If it's really hot, then make sure the thermostat is opening fully. Most often it's the radiator airside that gets clogged with seeds, chaff, and dirt. Make sure you clean it so you and see through it. Also look at the lower hose when at high rpm. Sometimes that collapse under max rpm conditions and restrict flow. Make sure rad cap has the correct pressure rating. Somebody mentioned making sure the belt driving the waterpump should be tight.
Thanks Jerry will check all those tips