L1500dt ignition switch

Revkev1500

Equipment
L1500dt
Jun 28, 2023
Arizona
New to the forum. Got a grey mkt l1500dt that is running/working well. Key ignition is all messed up and have to fiddle with it to get to on position. Key falls out, etc. any help on finding new ign. switch or will any 5 post switch work?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Look at the switch from L175, L185 series and see if they are the same
Is the key switch just for off, on, headlights, bright lights
Do you have a separate switch for the glow plugs and starter?

Last edited:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I suspect any switch that fits the hole will work - it did with my old Mitsubishi. You may need to figure out which wire goes where. I just used an automotive ignition switch and added a spring loaded toggle switch for the glow plugs instead of buying a regular tractor switch with glow plug position.

Revkev1500

Equipment
L1500dt
Jun 28, 2023
Arizona
I suspect any switch that fits the hole will work - it did with my old Mitsubishi. You may need to figure out which wire goes where. I just used an automotive ignition switch and added a spring loaded toggle switch for the glow plugs instead of buying a regular tractor switch with glow plug position.
Thanks all. Think I found exact replacement at Pillar. And another option at Coleman but high$$.

Revkev1500

Equipment
L1500dt
Jun 28, 2023
Arizona
Thanks all. Think I found exact replacement at Pillar. And another option at Coleman but high$$.
What is Pillar, sorry, not familiar with?

Pillar Equipment in IL?
pillar surplus
What is Pillar, sorry, not familiar with?

Pillar Equipment in IL?
pillar surplus in gobles michigan.