L1500 canister oil filter

AllenH

Oct 21, 2014
Alabama
Hello everyone, Has anyone got any instructions or picture of how to replace cartridge oil filter? I've got the correct filter#7030 from Napa, there are pieces with filter I'm not sure about would like to have a visual of how. Any help will appreciated. Allen

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
The filter you bought may be a one-fits-many-applications and for that reason has washers or spacers used in some installations but not others and not all.

If in doubt go with filter from dealer the first time and take pictures for next time.

May also check Kubota web site for parts schematics.

Please post back your comments and experiences so we may all learn.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Posting a pic of the filter would help:D if it's the style i think it is, the big o'rings go top and bottom of the canister, and the third if for the bottom of the class tube if it has one. The smaller o'rings go to seal off the bolt that holds it all together. One for the bolt. One for the center spout that the bolt rides through. I'll usually just replace the o'rings for the canister, and site glass if it has it, and not worry about the small o'rings unless it developes an issue.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Looks like only one gasket will fit, so just match it to the housing. From my search of napa filters it shows three of the large rings. Each one for different apps.