L140 pto won't engage

rafternw

Equipment
L 140
Jul 7, 2012
Salem, OR USA
I bought the antique L140. The only major issue is the pto will not engage. The lever feels like it is jamming on something internal. It feels like it gets near to engagement and then runs into something. There is no noise I can hear like gear teeth clashing or anything out of the ordinary. The lever just stops instead of giving the normal "chunk" of clicking into place.

Anybody familliar with this problem? Should I anticipate a major failure or maybe just a bent shift part? Any feedback would be appreciated. Also are any drive parts interchangeable with other models like the L175 or L185?

Thanks

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I'm not sure you will find much help as the L140 is a pretty rare tractor in discussions around the board. While a few have popped up around the country, not much is known about them. I can tell you I think I'd like to have one to play with for awhile.

rafternw

Equipment
L 140
Jul 7, 2012
Salem, OR USA
I'm not sure you will find much help as the L140 is a pretty rare tractor in discussions around the board. While a few have popped up around the country, not much is known about them. I can tell you I think I'd like to have one to play with for awhile.

You could own this one, make me an offer. email me direct at rafternw@yahoo.com or call 503-551-2212. I'm in Salem, OR

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Have you tried engaging with it running and let the clutch out a bit while holding pressure on the leaver?