As promised and now available for purchase:

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Do you know if these kits are available for other Kubota series like MX?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Do you know if these kits are available for other Kubota series like MX?
I make the kits so availabilty is whatever I can do to make a kit for that tractor. This is a very simple design and can easily be made to work with a lot of different tractor/loader combinations. I was focused on L series because I have an L3901 that I could use as a fit-up dummy but the LX and MX are close relatives and potential candidates for kits. I have looked at the Grand L's and they are different beasts and not at all compatible.

I just looked at the parts diagrams for the MX6000H and LA1065A and its the same basic arrangement used on the L01s. The only thing I see that is questionable is the AUX valve mounting bracket. I slotted the mounting holes in the bracket in an attempt to make it a "universal" fit for other similar loader valves so there is a high likelyhood it will bolt right up to the valve on the LA1065 but we would need to measure to be sure. If that fits then the rest is just customizing the lengths and end fittings of the hoses to match your machine. You measure the hose runs and I make the hoses to length. The kit pictured on my website is actually customized to fit an L3130 with LA723 loader so the hoses on it are a little longer than the ones on my L3901.

And even if the L01 bracket won't fit getting a MX and/or LX bracket made is easy enough to do as long as someone can get me good measurements. Give me a call or pop me an email to discuss the specifics if you are interested in a kit.

Dan

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I make the kits so availabilty is whatever I can do to make a kit for that tractor. This is a very simple design and can easily be made to work with a lot of different tractor/loader combinations. I was focused on L series because I have an L3901 that I could use as a fit-up dummy but the LX and MX are close relatives and potential candidates for kits. I have looked at the Grand L's and they are different beasts and not at all compatible.

I just looked at the parts diagrams for the MX6000H and LA1065A and its the same basic arrangement used on the L01s. The only thing I see that is questionable is the AUX valve mounting bracket. I slotted the mounting holes in the bracket in an attempt to make it a "universal" fit for other similar loader valves so there is a high likelyhood it will bolt right up to the valve on the LA1065 but we would need to measure to be sure. If that fits then the rest is just customizing the lengths and end fittings of the hoses to match your machine. You measure the hose runs and I make the hoses to length. The kit pictured on my website is actually customized to fit an L3130 with LA723 loader so the hoses on it are a little longer than the ones on my L3901.

And even if the L01 bracket won't fit getting a MX and/or LX bracket made is easy enough to do as long as someone can get me good measurements. Give me a call or pop me an email to discuss the specifics if you are interested in a kit.

Dan
Thank Dan. This will be on my winter wish list.

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
That's a nice set up Dan. Since I have a LP 3rd function valve mounted in that location on my L2501 what would be my option for rear remotes. Do you offer a separate kit for this application?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That's a nice set up Dan. Since I have a LP 3rd function valve mounted in that location on my L2501 what would be my option for rear remotes. Do you offer a separate kit for this application?
I am sure we could find an alternative location for mounting the valve. That is the number one issue when it comes to adding remotes. The rest is just some hoses and bracketry. Give me a call and we can talk about the many different locations I have considered since I first took delivery of my tractor. My cell number is on the website and I am available any day (EST). Read on if you want the long story.

Bear with me while I provide a little history and motivation on this kit. It started out last fall as a TEMPORARY one off QUICK AND DIRTY third function for the grapple I bought for my new L3901. I literally threw it together from parts I had laying around. It was never intended to be a formal product and i still consider it a bit of a quick and dirty design.

Over the following months I answered dozens of forum questions on how to add a aux valve to various different models of tractors. The $550 Medusa's head quick coupler diverter kit kept coming up as a universal plug and play solution. I will be polite and simply say IMO that is a less than optimal solution both in terms of price and function. So I decided to formalize my quick and dirty third function as an alternative "economy" kit that's just as easy to install, a little less ugly, and provides real independent remotes for the same cost. I whipped up a drawing for a "universal" loader mounting bracket and sent it off to my laser cutting guy who turned a small batch around in 2 days. The only labor I have in these is the time needed to spray paint the brackets, make a couple hoses, and box it up. Accordingly its priced pretty much at cost and I am not getting rich off them. I could do better flipping burgers but I am comfotably retired and like playing in the shop and helping struggling tractor owners far more.

My REAL solution for the Standard L's is a "better then OEM" kit that goes under the seat just like the Kubota kit. It would accomodate three valves just like OEM. I had a late night epiphany and added a mounting pad for a third function valve to get that ugly Land Pride wart off the side of the loader. This project is a far more complex undertaking and I have been working at it off and on (mostly off) for the last year. I blew through the design and machining of the custom valve manifold pretty quickly but designing handles to fit the OEM lever guide has been a challenge. Everything worked except float - the damn slots are too short for the 4th position travel on the stock handles. Summer is a busy time so that project has been lanquishing but now that fall is here I will be back at it. I have posted these pictures before but here they are again. It will come to fruition and hopefully not to long after the first of the year. My goal is to make it an affordable and more functional alternative to the very pricey OEM kits.

Dan

20211115_163809.jpg

20211115_163942.jpg

20211115_164006.jpg

20220306_171248.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
I am assuming this would be for a grapple and thumb, what other options would this power and would this work on a L47 TLB?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am assuming this would be for a grapple and thumb, what other options would this power and would this work on a L47 TLB?
It is general purpose and can power cylinders and low speed motors. Hoses can be run to either the front or rear. The kit in the picture is going to be used to power the chute rotation motor on a 3pt snow blower. The valve on my tractor is used for my grapple and angling my SSQA snow plow.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I looked at the KPAD parts breakdown for the L47 and LA765 loader. Yes - the valve kit should work on that loader and tractor combination. But that does not seem to match up with what I am seeing for the L47 TLB in other places. Where is the loader valve on your machine?

Dan

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
I looked at the KPAD parts breakdown for the L47 and LA765 loader. Yes - the valve kit should work on that loader and tractor combination. But that does not seem to match up with what I am seeing for the L47 TLB in other places. Where is the loader valve on your machine?

Dan
Dan, I posted last summer that I was interested in a valve that would run a grapple and in the future a top link. I remember that you replied and I was somewhat confused as this topic was not very familiar to me. Anyway I did not know that you build these units. Now to get to the point. 2 days agp (Friday) I ordered a valve setup from Summit Hydraulics that would operate both a grapple and a top link for $899.95. Did I make a mistake ?? Or what should I have done ?? Please advise. I assume that I could return it if the package is not opened. It has not shipped yet. Thank you in advance. I really appreciate reading your posts and am slowly learning from them. Thanks.
Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, I posted last summer that I was interested in a valve that would run a grapple and in the future a top link. I remember that you replied and I was somewhat confused as this topic was not very familiar to me. Anyway I did not know that you build these units. Now to get to the point. 2 days agp (Friday) I ordered a valve setup from Summit Hydraulics that would operate both a grapple and a top link for $899.95. Did I make a mistake ?? Or what should I have done ?? Please advise. I assume that I could return it if the package is not opened. It has not shipped yet. Thank you in advance. I really appreciate reading your posts and am slowly learning from them. Thanks.
Dave
Summit is reliable and fast - your order will ship very shortly. They do accept returns if you change your mind and all you will be out is the return postage.

You are undobtedly one of the people I was talking about when I described the background leading up to these kits. You have a BX which is a different animal and these kits would not work for you without some tweaking. Exactly what Summit kit did you buy?

Dan

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Thanks for the info on the under the seat kit you're working on. I'd be interested in learning more once you finalize your design. I'd be using it for a rear top + tilt setup.

Dave Ogren

Equipment
BX23S w/FEL &BH &60" Mowing Deck, 48" Dirty Dog Box Blade, 48" Tar River Tiller,
Feb 16, 2022
Asheville, N. C.
Summit is reliable and fast - your order will ship very shortly. They do accept returns if you change your mind and all you will be out is the return postage.

You are undobtedly one of the people I was talking about when I described the background leading up to these kits. You have a BX which is a different animal and these kits would not work for you without some tweaking. Exactly what Summit kit did you buy?

Dan
Dan,
I bought the FR2-K8 kit. From what I understand it will mount on the R.O.P. and then change the knob on the existing lever which will add the buttons for the electric.
Thanks, for getting back to me.
Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
I bought the FR2-K8 kit. From what I understand it will mount on the R.O.P. and then change the knob on the existing lever which will add the buttons for the electric.
Thanks, for getting back to me.
Dave
That will do the job but just to be clear:

• It gives you one set of rear outlets and one set of front outlets.
  • One set of rear couplers mount right to ports on the valve subplate.
  • You run two hoses from the other two ports on the subplate forward to the loader for the second set of couplers.
  • Your joystick buttons will operate the front set of couplers and a separate box mounted rocker switch will operate the rear set.
Dan