L series plug and play aux lighting

chris_the_wrench

Equipment
L3902
Oct 31, 2023
Chinook Pass
Daylight is getting shorter, and there is a lot of work still to be done! I've seen the various add-on auxillary lights with additional switches floating around this site and inter webs. Are there any plug and play versions that mount to the ROP, or other locations, and utilize the oem light switch on the L series?

Thank you

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I bought a pair of LED work lights about 4 x 6 inches and mounted them on top of the turn signal lamps (there’s a hole on top of My 7040 light brackets) and then used crimp bullet connectors to connect to the factory harness. The switch is on the lights so I can use one or both.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Daylight is getting shorter, and there is a lot of work still to be done! I've seen the various add-on auxillary lights with additional switches floating around this site and inter webs. Are there any plug and play versions that mount to the ROP, or other locations, and utilize the oem light switch on the L series?

Thank you
My understanding is that the Kubota kit matches the Kubota connector under the left rear fender. Other than that, the plug is up to the owner.
My personal preference is to cut off the connector under the fender and get a waterproof connector kit from Eastwood. Then add the corresponding end to whatever set of lights you want to buy.

Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
My lighting needs just a hair more juice than the OEM provided wiring that was under my right rear fender.

I ran a hot and ground from the battery back to the underside of that fender, and used the OEM lead to trigger a relay. My setup utilizes the headlight switch to trigger the relay and light up the world around me.

Not quite plug and play, but close. No new switch.

Wiring a relay is super easy! You won’t even need one if your lights are not very powerful. Stay under 120 watts total load and you should be fine with the OEM circuit.

Reactions: 2 users

Ray MTL

Oct 5, 2022
Montreal, Quebec

Attachments

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Equipment
L3902
Oct 31, 2023
Chinook Pass
Well I ended up going a slightly different route. I decided it was probably 'better' to have my aux lights on their own switch. Last week I went down to Harbor Freight and picked up two of their 3" led flood lights(I think $16.99 each), also picked up their wiring harness&switch kit they sell($29.99). I drilled out the bracket that came with the lights so they would accommodate a 7/16" bolt(matched existing holes on my ROPS). I bolted them to the ROPS, ran the wiring, and installed the switch. Less than $70, a mess of zipties and maybe 1.5hrs later I had light! I argued with myself about mounting inboard vs outboard on the ROPS, but less chance of banging my head outboard won. I think these will be very handy when the snow comes since the plow really blocks the oem lights.

Stock Headlights:
IMG_7616.jpeg

Aux lights:
IMG_7617.jpeg

Lights:
IMG_7618.jpeg

Switch:
IMG_7619.jpeg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I just bought the Harbor Freight led lights they sell for off road trucks and utvs. They also sell a matching wiring kit that has the relay snd on/off rocker switch already wired into the harness. Simply connect the wiring harness to the battery terminals, and route it to the lights. A few zip ties to position and secure the harness is all that’s needed. The lights are heavy duty aluminum construction, not plastic and they work well.

chris_the_wrench

Equipment
L3902
Oct 31, 2023
Chinook Pass
I just bought the Harbor Freight led lights they sell for off road trucks and utvs. They also sell a matching wiring kit that has the relay snd on/off rocker switch already wired into the harness. Simply connect the wiring harness to the battery terminals, and route it to the lights. A few zip ties to position and secure the harness is all that’s needed. The lights are heavy duty aluminum construction, not plastic and they work well.

thats the wiring kit i used, but chose flood lights vs a light bar

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
thats the wiring kit i used, but chose flood lights vs a light bar
The wiring kit makes it really easy to install. I used a 14” light bar suspended from the front of my canopy, and a small rear facing floodlight suspended from the rear of the canopy.

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I've been eyeing their lights for a while. Great to hear you like them.

Was really dark the other night moving wood. I upgraded the onboard bulbs right away, but it's not so great with the bucket up enough to navigate the trails