L series Hydraulic Leaks?

SWMI2850

Equipment
L2850DT
Mar 31, 2010
MI, USA
I have an L2850DT that has a hydraulic fluid leak that drips down in the area where front driveshaft leaves the transmission housing.

I can see fluid coming down both sides of the housing, but it is difficult to tell if it is the entire gasket area around the transmission or if something up top is the main source.

Does anyone know if there is a common source of hydraulic fluid leak in this area? Easy fix or does it require splitting the tractor (as it appears by looking from underneath)?

If I have the tractor good and hot 30-40min+, it leaks the most and will leave a decent size puddle on the floor. Doesn't usually leak at normal ambient temp.

Has anyone here used the "Lucas Hydraulic Oil Booster & Stop Leak" on a Kubota? I know that most Kubota owners stick to the UDT fluid and wasn't sure if this additive is a bad idea.

Thanks!

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
It's not a big job to pull that housing down from the transmission, just 4 bolts after disconnecting the front driveshaft. There's a gasket between the two pieces. It could also be the oil seal on the shaft that exits to the front driveshaft.