L or LX

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
I know you're concerned about size in the woods with the GL, but if you're putting in trails that a SXS could use, the GL will be perfect. Now if walking trails are all you're planning then you could get by with the LX. In our case, I plan to put in wider trails.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I know you're concerned about size in the woods with the GL, but if you're putting in trails that a SXS could use, the GL will be perfect. Now if walking trails are all you're planning then you could get by with the LX. In our case, I plan to put in wider trails.
I hadn’t thought about the OP maybe only wanting walking trails (or ATV trails). On my place the rule is if it’s in the way, it’s firewood. And in the way is defined by is it hard to fit my GL through. The handy thing there is now your buddy’s Willies will fit and a late night tear (or terror, depending) is an option.

But if 6 inches is the go, no go between an LX4020 and an L3560, getting through with an FEL, back blade or brush hog will not be something a person will want to have to do.

jad2u

Jan 17, 2023
NC
Just to clarify the two tractors I am deciding on are...
LX4020
and L3560 limited edition which means it does not have all the features the the L3560. The limited is about $2500 less the features that were removed in my opinion I can live without. ie. mirrors, worklights, right hand step, cruse control. and a few others.
Both tractors have a cab with the 3560 being more roomy and all the controls just beefier.
I am leaning towards a flail mower to help mow a few ditch/slopes on the property, the overall bigger size of the 3560 I feel has an advantage.
I drove both tractors (in parking lot) and the 3560 had a better ride, better seat and I preferred the HST pedal on the 3560.
I am leaning towards the 3560 limited but always come back to is it worth giving up 5HP at the engine and 3HP at the PTO ?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
LX4020
and L3560 limited edition which means it does not have all the features the the L3560. The limited is about $2500 less the features that were removed in my opinion I can live without. ie. mirrors, worklights, right hand step, cruse control. and a few others.
Both tractors have a cab with the 3560 being more roomy and all the controls just beefier.
I am leaning towards a flail mower to help mow a few ditch/slopes on the property, the overall bigger size of the 3560 I feel has an advantage.
I drove both tractors (in parking lot) and the 3560 had a better ride, better seat and I preferred the HST pedal on the 3560.
I am leaning towards the 3560 limited but always come back to is it worth giving up 5HP at the engine and 3HP at the PTO ?
Good day. Sounds like you are having fun shopping.

My couple thoughts would be:

1. Weight is important in your tasks for stability and traction…HP may help on a PTO driven implement, but from push pull or lift that requires traction & stability, rules of wrestling, basketball in the post and management, ‘Respect Mass of the Ass’. To me Weight wins. I wonder who is calibrated enough to notice +/- 5hp? Implements will be sized to machine…so long as you are sizing correctly the the HP should be fine which ever you choose.

2. I’ve not used a flail but I would expect number one above applies, especially if on an arm or offset. Maybe some members with flail will chime in?

Reactions: 1 users

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
LX4020
For what you are describing "yes"....weight matters

Reactions: 1 user