L, M or H range

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Does the range have any effect on the FEL power?

We removed lower limbs on a magnolia because it was getting too big. About 4 of the limbs had grown into the ground for about 2 or 3 feet. Tried one of them with the FEL in M range. Would not budge. Worked on them with a combo of pickaxe, loppers and sawzall. Ran out of juice on the 4th one. Tried the FEL on it in L range. Came right up.

This is on the B2601.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
L-M-H is your tranny and has nothing to do with your loader

If you have HST then you are lugging the engine in M&H. If you are trying to lift and drive at the same time AND you are lugging the motor you are operating improperly and beyond the machine limits.

You are operating a SCUT designed to move mulch around in a garden setting not a forklift or skidsteer or pay loader lifting heavy weights and digging earth.

I can put a class IV hitch and 10,000 lbs trailer on my 1984 honda civic doesn't mean I should do it

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Use your bucket curl for lifting leverage from the ground. WAY more lifting leverage than the loader boom cylinder can produce. Then once loosened with the bucket, lift away with the boom.

Reactions: 2 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Does the range have any effect on the FEL power?

We removed lower limbs on a magnolia because it was getting too big. About 4 of the limbs had grown into the ground for about 2 or 3 feet. Tried one of them with the FEL in M range. Would not budge. Worked on them with a combo of pickaxe, loppers and sawzall. Ran out of juice on the 4th one. Tried the FEL on it in L range. Came right up.

This is on the B2601.
Not unless the engine is being overloaded.