KX121-3SS Mini-ex control valve assembly

DanG

Equipment
kx121-3
Mar 31, 2021
TN
Can anyone give me a hand in diagnosing the following: The boom cylinder stop going up "suddenly" after it was being used the machine was turned off for a couple of minutes and it stopped working. It works off the left pilot valve or joystick and it transfers the hydrophilic fluid via the green marked hose to the control valve assembly. It is not the cylinder I switch the hoses on the cylinder and it worked fine. So I'm pretty sure is not the cylinder. what should I check first. the joystick or the control valve. Everything else is working on the machine even the "down" on the same cylinder.
Would appreciate any guidance. never dealt with this control valve assembly or joystick. thanks.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Can anyone give me a hand in diagnosing the following: The boom cylinder stop going up "suddenly" after it was being used the machine was turned off for a couple of minutes and it stopped working. It works off the left pilot valve or joystick and it transfers the hydrophilic fluid via the green marked hose to the control valve assembly. It is not the cylinder I switch the hoses on the cylinder and it worked fine. So I'm pretty sure is not the cylinder. what should I check first. the joystick or the control valve. Everything else is working on the machine even the "down" on the same cylinder.
Would appreciate any guidance. never dealt with this control valve assembly or joystick. thanks.
Disconnect the hose from the cylinder and operate the joystick. Do you get oil out of the hose? If not most likely the control linkage between the joystick and valve has come apart.

Dan