KX040-4 Question...

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hi All - placing an order for a new Kubota KX-040 mini excavator. I have it all spec'd out but have one question and am hung up on it. (yes I am getting the hydraulic thumb)

You can choose 1 Auxiliary Hydraulic Port, which has a diverter valve or you can do 2 Auxiliary Hydraulic Ports.

With 1 and the diverter: leave thumb on and hoses attached all the time and then if want to put on and run another attachment, you plug in those hoses to the diverter valve couplers and turn the diverter valve and it will then run the second attachment and thumb will not run at same time.

With 2 auxiliary lines and ports: leave thumb on and hoses attached all the time and then if want to run another attachment, it plugs into the 2nd aux. hydraulic line ports and couplers. This setup would still allow use of the thumb and the second attachment at same time or whatever combination of 2 things you might use or need.

I do not care about the minimal cost of adding the 2nd auxiliary hydraulic line -- this being said Is there any reason to not do the 2nd auxiliary hydraulic line/ports (loss of flow rate or etc.?) and just stay with 1 line and a diverter valve...pics of each setup below.....thanks for the advice

Attachments

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I cant think of a reason, but maybe a few of the mechanics on the site have some ideas. I would get it if you ever think a breaker or one of those super fancy swivel buckets is in your future.