Kubota ZB1500DT - clutch adjustment

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
Hi all,
Having just replaced a clutch assembly I'm seeking advice on how to adjust the clutch. I 'm confused when in my workshop manual it states to measure the length A (reference value 15 to 16 mm or 0.59 TO 0.63in) between the clutch rod and the clutch adjusting bolt.
If anyone can tell me a correct simple procedure for adjusting this clutch and exactly from where and to where measurements should be taken from, I would be greatful; I have taken a photo which hopefully will be clear enough to show the clutch rod and clutch adjusting bolt. Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Without looking at your manual or picture, depress your clutch pedal. It should be quite easy for a bit as you're only pressing against a spring. It should then get noticeably more difficult when you start actually applying pressure to the pressure plate. Set the clutch for a half to three quarters of an inch from the point of contact with your foot to the point where it requires more pressure on the pedal.

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
Without looking at your manual or picture, depress your clutch pedal. It should be quite easy for a bit as you're only pressing against a spring. It should then get noticeably more difficult when you start actually applying pressure to the pressure plate. Set the clutch for a half to three quarters of an inch from the point of contact with your foot to the point where it requires more pressure on the pedal.
Thanks Roadworthy, I understand the concept that you have explained. After that what parts do I adjust, the clutch rod or clutch adjusting bolt, as shown in the picture. The clutch adjusting bolt dosen't seem to make contact with anything when the clutch pedal is depressed and at the moment is fully extended.! Art

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I looked at the picture - pretty dark. There appears to be a bolt above which may serve as some kind of stop. There is also what I would call a clevis on a threaded rod below. I believe the thread rod would be your point of adjustment. You may need to remove the pin on the end to turn it in or out on the rod.

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
Thanks Ro
I looked at the picture - pretty dark. There appears to be a bolt above which may serve as some kind of stop. There is also what I would call a clevis on a threaded rod below. I believe the thread rod would be your point of adjustment. You may need to remove the pin on the end to turn it in or out on the rod.
Thanks Roadworthy for following this. You are correct with your reasoning! I think I have solved the problem now; the clutch pedal had too much play., in order to reduce this to between 20-30mm I needed to lengthen the clutch rod (named by you as the clevis). The bolt above is the clutch adjusting bolt and this I adjusted to between 15-16mm in length as per recommendation of the workshop manual . Satisfied I look forward to reassembling all the other parts before testing. Regards Art