Kubota ZB 1500 will crank but not fire

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
I have a problem starting my tractor. It cranks well but won't fire up. It was working well a couple of days ago but now I notice that the glow plug indicator does not light up when trying to start it up. I have bled the fuel through the injectors and the fuel appears to be flowing correctly. I have checked the glow plug resistance wire and that seems intact. Any thoughts as to how to resolve the problem would be appreciated.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I don’t have a clue about your equipment, but it sure sounds like you have an issue with the fuel cut off solenoid or it’s control circuitry.

A fuel cutoff solenoid is either energized to let the engine run, or to cut fuel to shut the engine down. Sounds like yours is not being energized to let the engine start and run.

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
I don’t have a clue about your equipment, but it sure sounds like you have an issue with the fuel cut off solenoid or it’s control circuitry.

A fuel cutoff solenoid is either energized to let the engine run, or to cut fuel to shut the engine down. Sounds like yours is not being energized to let the engine start and run.
Thanks Henro, this 3 cylinder tractor is over 50 years old. I don't know if it would have a fuel cut off solenoid or if it has one, where it would be located. To shut the engine down I have to press a lever down which I presume opens fully the choke to stall the engine. I intend to follow the electrics to find out why the glow plug indicator is not lighting up when the correct temperature for ignition has been reached.

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
L3400DT 4WD, SSQA, Bobcat T190, Flail mower, Brushhog, Brushshark, Ratchet rake
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
Thanks Henro, this 3 cylinder tractor is over 50 years old. I don't know if it would have a fuel cut off solenoid or if it has one, where it would be located. To shut the engine down I have to press a lever down which I presume opens fully the choke to stall the engine. I intend to follow the electrics to find out why the glow plug indicator is not lighting up when the correct temperature for ignition has been reached.
Our L3400, though not 50 years old, has recently presented a non-glow plug dash symptom. The WSM says bad oil pressure switch. I've ordered one and will see when we return to our farm later this week if that is in fact the culprit.

Good luck with your diagnostics.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Do diesel engines have "chokes" ?

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Do diesel engines have "chokes" ?
Perhaps the OP’s tractor actually has a manual shutdown method and something is stuck, keeping it in the fuel cut off mode? Maybe he thinks what he is doing is working a choke?

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
Our L3400, though not 50 years old, has recently presented a non-glow plug dash symptom. The WSM says bad oil pressure switch. I've ordered one and will see when we return to our farm later this week if that is in fact the culprit.

Good luck with your diagnostics.
Interesting, even more so if that resolves your problem. Please update when you have a result.

ASCHOICE

Equipment
Kubota ZB1500
Jul 16, 2019
Argouges FRANCE
Perhaps the OP’s tractor actually has a manual shutdown method and something is stuck, keeping it in the fuel cut off mode? Maybe he thinks what he is doing is working a choke?
You are right it is a manual shutdown lever which engages the hand push accelerator and shuts down the engine. Will check the full movement as it says in the manual that if not fully returned to original position the engine will not start. Mistakenly interpreted this to be the choke mecanisme. Everyday is a learning experience. Thanks for your responses, much appreciated.