Kubota Z122S 48” deck zero turn

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Looking at purchasing a Kubota zero turn to cut 1.25 acres. Any one have this model and like the cut quality and mower itself? I’m not super picky but at the same time would like to be comfortable mowing and have a decent cut on the yard.

Also what prices did you pay. I’m in Northern Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mine does a great job. The high lift blades work well. Just keep them sharp and no worries.

I have a set of gator blades on mine at the moment, but they don't work as well for the travel speed of the mower. However they do work great for chopping leaves which was what I purchase them for.

As soon as I get a few minutes, I plan on putting the factory blades back on for the summer mowing season.

The suspension seat is fairly comfortable once you get it dialed in. And the head lights work good for those late evening mowing sessions where your finishing up right at dusk.

I think I paid right at $5,000 for mine with the insurance. Give or take a couple hundred bucks.

It is a bit of a fuel hog though.

I haven't had a lick of trouble with mine so far which I've had it for 1 1/2 years. Think it's got around 33 hours on it. Definitely cut my mowing time way down. I've only run non ethanol gas in it. But the gas held through winter without any treatment.

Last edited:

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Mine does a great job. The high lift blades work well. Just keep them sharp and no worries.

I have a set of gator blades on mine at the moment, but they don't work as well for the travel speed of the mower. However they do work great for chopping leaves which was what I purchase them for.

As soon as I get a few minutes, I plan on putting the factory blades back on for the summer mowing season.

The suspension seat is fairly comfortable once you get it dialed in. And the head lights work good for those late evening mowing sessions where your finishing up right at dusk.

I think I paid right at $5,000 for mine with the insurance. Give or take a couple hundred bucks.

It is a bit of a fuel hog though.

I haven't had a lick of trouble with mine so far which I've had it for 1 1/2 years. Think it's got around 33 hours on it. Definitely cut my mowing time way down. I've only run non ethanol gas in it. But the gas held through winter without any treatment.

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t got to test drive it yet but it’s one I’m really leaning toward. Other on my list is a Gravely if similar specs and price.

Think my dealer has the Kubota on sale at $4900 right now. Dealer is great big reason for wanting to go Kubota for my mower as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My neighbor bought a bad boy that was almost identical to mine.

Engine and transaxles were the same. Just some differences in the start controls and and how to raise the deck and set the height.

No suspension seat or lights. Was about the same price as the Z122.

One thing I liked about the bad boy was the trap door in the foot rest to clean out the top of the deck. It did make it simpler.

But the seat is more comfortable on mine, and the lights are handy when needed :D

If you decide to go with the Gravely, make sure it has serviceable transaxles. If not, it's $900 for a new Transaxle. Dad found that out the hard way

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk