Kubota wild game cart.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Had a great morning of hunting at the our Ca ranch came across several wild boar shot 2 then packed them out with the L3830. One weighed 168 the other 194 they dressout about 50% carcasses weighed 81 lbs and the other 93 lbs .

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nice!
Always thought hunting them would be cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Nice!
Always thought hunting them would be cool!

The ones here spend there nights in the grain fields and make for great eating, I prefer to shoot the sows unless I want to make sausage then I’ll take a boar never had a bad one. The larger ones here grow to around 400 lbs ..

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I thought they were outlawing guns on the left coast :rolleyes:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Thankfully we do not have them in our area of Ohio. Southeast of here they are a big problem to the point that ODNR will let you take a feral hog at any time as long as you have a valid license to hunt anything. Same goes for coyotes as well. As a land owner, I do not need a license, but have to make sure I am legal with the firearm constraints of the particular season. For example, you cannot go after hogs with a .223 during deer gun season. 12 gauge shotgun max. Not sure I want that battle. I was watching one of Andrew Zimmern's shows where he was hog hunting down in LA. Used a 12GA to slow and a rifle to kill. The shotgun did not make it through the hide.

Interesting tidbit from the show though.. In that area they would need to harvest 78%/yr of the feral hogs just to keep the population at its current level

I'd love to get one of those hogs on my smoker....

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Here in Pa for a couple years they had a kill on sight on hogs that had, as I understand it, gotten out of a pay for hunt farm. I don;t know how many got out but it was enough to cause concern. I dont know if I would like to hunt hogs, but now wild Peccary with a bow now that would be fun!

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Thankfully we do not have them in our area of Ohio. Southeast of here they are a big problem to the point that ODNR will let you take a feral hog at any time as long as you have a valid license to hunt anything. Same goes for coyotes as well. As a land owner, I do not need a license, but have to make sure I am legal with the firearm constraints of the particular season. For example, you cannot go after hogs with a .223 during deer gun season. 12 gauge shotgun max. Not sure I want that battle. I was watching one of Andrew Zimmern's shows where he was hog hunting down in LA. Used a 12GA to slow and a rifle to kill. The shotgun did not make it through the hide.

Interesting tidbit from the show though.. In that area they would need to harvest 78%/yr of the feral hogs just to keep the population at its current level

I'd love to get one of those hogs on my smoker....
I cut the hind quarters so I could place a whole quarter on my smoker and believe me they are delicious we smoked some ribs last week they were very tasty.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We did have a problem here in upstate New York for several years. Like skeet’s, ours were from a hunting place, and some got out.

NYSDEC did same thing; shoot as many as possible. (With any license)
I saw a newspaper picture of a guy that got a 370 pounder during deer season maybe 10 years ago.
I think it’s too cold for them here...don’t hear much about them anymore, which is good!

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Here in Florida hogs are a big problem (omnivore) we can hunt them year round on private property. They were introduced by Spanish explorer Hernando DeSoto as early as 1539.
Year round hunting on hogs here in Ca also , there excellent on the grill .

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Those critters have been getting around. Up here in the Great White North they are starting to establish wild herds in some places too. Not enough that there is any kind of major hunting yet, but a boar was recently sighted in my neck of the woods, so maybe I'll get one before the bears and cougars do.