Kubota V1505 engine.

arfabuck

Equipment
Kubota ST 30
Mar 16, 2023
Glenbrook NZ
Hi Guys,
I wonder if you could help me out with a conundrum I have with a V1505 engine water pump.
The engine overheated and I traced a water leak to the water pump which drained the radiator.
Fortunately being a Kubota, I was able to fill the radiator and hoof it back to the workshop before it cooked again.

V1505 water pump placement.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 16-42-23 genuine-kubota-engine-parts.pdf.png

water pump.jpg

In the centre of the block there is a hole that does not appear to have any purpose. Of course there must be one but I cannot figure it out.

There is nothing showing on the parts diagramme above, but this is where the radiator water is leaking from.

Do I just block it up and hope for the best? I do not see any seals in the parts diag to replace/repair anything.

Before I strip it down I would appreciate some intel.

cheers,

Art
Glenbrook NZ

Your ad here

Oct 14, 2022
Arizona
That hole on the water pump is called a weep hole. When the water pump starts to fail, it will leak from that hole first as a indication it needs replacing. You need a new water pump.

arfabuck

Equipment
Kubota ST 30
Mar 16, 2023
Glenbrook NZ
That hole on the water pump is called a weep hole. When the water pump starts to fail, it will leak from that hole first as a indication it needs replacing. You need a new water pump.

Many thanks for the info. Will have to start looking for a new one then. Not available here unfortunately.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yup !
A replacement water pump.
Some water pumps can be rebuilt.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
040 is the shaft seal. If you try to replace it, make sure the bearings are good or the seal won't last long.