Kubota supply problems?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Just wondering what folks opinions are about new tractors and "spares?" All our world neighbors in Japan have really had a tough few days without a foreseeable change anytime soon. My prayers are with them.

My actual question is; what quantity of tractors and components lies within the supply chain outside of japan? Are we likely to see speculators hitting ebay with items they cleaned from the dealers shelves?

kytim

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
My dealer Salem Farm Supply of Salem , N.Y. called me yesterday to say my new tractor M7040 had been built in 20 days and they had it. He said Kubota e-maill all dealer in the US that they at this time saw no problem in shipping as their plant had no damage from the earthquake.

Only time will tell.

David Pidgeon
New Haven, Vermont

Babyfat

Jun 24, 2010
Grass Lake, MI
www.dakins.com
The letter we go from Kubota,

Kubota appreciates the many inquiries from employees and dealers regarding the devastating effects of last week’s earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
As of March 14, we are aware of the following Kubota-related operations and employee news: * Kubota Corporation’s main office in Osaka is operating at full status
* Kubota plants in Sakai and Hirakata are at regular operation status
* Kubota’s plant in Tsukuba is shut down March 14 and March 15 for recovery / re-opening and tentative plans to re-open following the 16th; decision to be determined on the 16th
Fortunately, there has not been any reported loss of life of any Kubota employee at the machinery division locations.
We will continue to gather information and provide additional updates to you as we move forward during the week. Kubota appreciates the many gracious offers to assist during this time of need.
We thank you for your heartfelt concerns for those facing hardships as a result of this earthquake, tsunami and related destruction. Kubota will provide additional information as it becomes available.