Kubota Steering problem

Al/Lindley

Jan 26, 2013
Lindley New York
I have a kubota l35. As I lift the front tires off the ground with the front end loader I can grab the front tire and shake it back and forth from side to side. There is a lot of play in the front linkage. After looking at it I discover that the looseness is in the center under the oil pan where both tie rods meet. There is a thing that I'd call a drag link on a car up there that has a grease fitting on it and the bushing is very loose.
Can I replace the bushing or should I buy the whole arm? How does the thing come out of there? It doesn't seem like there is any room to remove it. Thanks

Al/Lindley

Jan 26, 2013
Lindley New York
Well I tackled it today. I removed the side panels, top hood, radiator, tie rod ends and finally was looking at the steering pin and the bolt which holds the keeper. I removed the bolt and keeper plate and popped the steering pin up from below..Out it came. I then removed the arm with the bushing from the tractor. I knocked the old bushings out in the vise and pressed the new ones in the same way. I put the arms back in and reversed the process. Overall it was hard....took me 6 or so hours because I didn't know what i was doing. But my steering is nice and tight now.