Kubota Says No Wheel Ballast With a Backhoe.

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
The manufacturer is probably basing it off of the load on the rear axle bearing and seals. I guess they think they will last longer with less weight on them. I have had mine loaded from day one on all my tractors with backhoe attachments and no problems yet.
Filled tires adds no weight to axles it’s on ground unless lifting tires off ground with bh stabilizers then weight is on axles but tractor weight is no longer there so evens out but you are lifting extra weight with legs

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
I loaded mine because even with the BH on it I was running out of traction before I was running out of power.

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
I think most of us with the L48 TLB, (BT1100) very rarely remove the BH.
I have never had my BH off!
A while I after I brought the L48 home, I thought I would remove it just to see how easy/difficult it was to remove. I was impressed at how easily it was to dismount. Also, just as impressed at how easily it was to remount.

I have a couple of 6 caster, c-channel dollies that I lowered it down onto so I could move the dismounted backhoe around. Moving it around was a little harder than the dismount/remount. It was kind of an exercise in isometrics. The set up was a little sketchy, but it worked. I will lube the caster axles and swivels before I put it on the dollies again, if I ever take it off again.
IMG_2422.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
I only read about half of the replies.
The general opinion after these threads here and TBN over the years is Kubota doesn't want the tires loaded because it exceeds the ROPS safety margin.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
I only read about half of the replies.
The general opinion after these threads here and TBN over the years is Kubota doesn't want the tires loaded because it exceeds the ROPS safety margin.
That makes a lot of sense.

A while I after I brought the L48 home, I thought I would remove it just to see how easy/difficult it was to remove. I was impressed at how easily it was to dismount. Also, just as impressed at how easily it was to remount.

I have a couple of 6 caster, c-channel dollies that I lowered it down onto so I could move the dismounted backhoe around. Moving it around was a little harder than the dismount/remount. It was kind of an exercise in isometrics. The set up was a little sketchy, but it worked. I will lube the caster axles and swivels before I put it on the dollies again, if I ever take it off again. View attachment 113434
My first thought was, holy crap the backhoe is bigger when it's off the tractor!

Then I realized that isn't a BT603. :p

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
My first thought was, holy crap the backhoe is bigger when it's off the tractor!

Then I realized that isn't a BT603. :p
Yep, it is a little bigger than the BT603. My other tractor is a John Deere 855, with a number 7 backhoe. Comparatively, it is a toy compared to the L48 with the BT1100.

• Haha