Kubota Out of Warranty Mediation

69 SS

Equipment
2015 L3901 HST,with Canopy,LA 525 FEL with SSQA bucket
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Has anyone ever filed an out of warranty mediation case with Kubota? I have filed one with Kubota over the failure of the PTO shaft Assy in my L 3901,detailed and accurate operator log shows a total hours of 281.5 on the tractor,with 54.5 hours of bush hog use . Kubota rep finally called back Friday from my initial call on 05/18/20. I was assigned a case # ,and I described the details of the failure. The rep "seemed interested" in the details of the incident. I was told that I have to work with the dealership,and my Kubota Regional Service Rep.The dealership refused to give me the RSR contact info when I took the tractor to them and told me to call the # in the back of the operators manual. Dealership Service Mgr. has yet to return my calls. Has anyone else ever filed an out of warranty claim?,if you have,and would like to share please post about it,if you don't want to post openly about it please pm me to discuss this. Not trying to bust Kubota or dealerships &issues , just trying to understand why a low hour tractor has had this type failure. I previously posted about this and added this as an update ,but the postiso long ago that no one seemed to notice. Thanks in advance and good luck on all your projects.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Though not an out-of-warranty situation, I sucessfully appealed a denial of warranty claim regarding one of my Kubota tractors about 18 months ago.

My tractor was still within warranty but the RSR denied the claim claiming operator error with absolutely no proof or even evidence of such.

After opening the claim with Kubota Customer Satisfaction, it was again denied after the Customer Satisfaction agent contacted the RSR who repeated his "findings." Duhhhh.

I then escalated the issue by writing a VERY well-written and persuasive letter to Customer Satisfaction and Kubota Service. USPS corrspondence is much more effective than is email or, especially, telephone contact. I received no communication from anyone at Kubota but several days later my dealer told me that the claim had been paid.

Being out of warranty, you have a tough challenge and the burden of proof is yours. Moreover, like nearly all other manufacturers, Kubota shields it's service representatives from customers so will almost certainly not allow you to speak directly to yours.

FWIW: I was a design engineer for years before becomming a patent attorney (both retired). I am also a lifetime mechanic. While practicing law, I would have billed at least $1,000 to write the letter that I mailed so this procedure is hardly cost effective in most cases (My claim was approximately $300.)

Good luck with your claim.

SDT

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am having a bit of a problem understanding how one could expect a company to warranty something that was out of warranty.

Warrantees seem pretty specific. So many months/so many hours, which ever comes first. Granted some companies have extended warranties to everyone with a certain purchased item. Just not registering how any one of us could demand a warranty extension for our particular misfortune after the warranty expired.

What am I missing?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I am having a bit of a problem understanding how one could expect a company to warranty something that was out of warranty.

Warrantees seem pretty specific. So many months/so many hours, which ever comes first. Granted some companies have extended warranties to everyone with a certain purchased item. Just not registering how any one of us could demand a warranty extension for our particular misfortune after the warranty expired.

What am I missing?
If it is an on going issue that was reported to the dealer but not dealt with by the dealer during warranty, I would argue for warranty coverage if there was a failure just outside the warranty period.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If it is an on going issue that was reported to the dealer but not dealt with by the dealer during warranty, I would argue for warranty coverage if there was a failure just outside the warranty period.
That makes sense and is reasonable. But the OP gives no indication that was the situation he is dealing with. It sounds like he had a failure on a low hour tractor that was out of warranty.

Perhaps he will supply more specifics...

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
That makes sense and is reasonable. But the OP gives no indication that was the situation he is dealing with. It sounds like he had a failure on a low hour tractor that was out of warranty.

Perhaps he will supply more specifics...
Sorry for the confusion,please go back and look at my previous post entitled "Help PTO Disaster" on or about 05/14/20 on this forum,that is on this forum. Rather than go thru all the details again. Kubota is well aware of the multitude of problems associated with this particular design problem.Thanks for the interest all have shown. Good luck on all your projects.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
you state 3 more payments left. Did you finance with kubota?
if so, insurance may be an option.
That's how my friends (who own a tractor together) handled a persistent engine problem that lead to an out of warranty failure.
It was a L3901. They waited for the dealer to repair, declare it good as new and then traded it in on the spot.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Here is a link to the thread for anyone else coming here:

Help PTO Disaster
Read the entire earlier thread.

Apparently a known problem much like long running B3350 problems.

Both resulted in redesign but no campaign or recall so little or no help to affected owners.

SDT

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I honestly hope things work out for you.

Just for for the purpose of personal understanding I have a question or two.

You mentioned it is a tractor purchased in 2015 and the issue appeared in 2020. You were three payments away from the end of financing. You did not extend the Kubota insurance (not sure what that means exactly, as I would have guessed the insurance went for the life of the loan).

What i did not Grasp is whether this was an issue you had your dealer involved in previous to the major incident, or not.

Also do not know the warranty length but thought 3 years was a standard.

It seems like this is a common problem with your tractor model, and that a recall may have been appropriate.

In hindsight keeping the Kubota insurance would have been beneficial.

Is is this the actual situation?

edit: So I take it your position is this was a problem known to Kubota, but not acted on or resolved by them, and you were personally damaged as the result, and they should cover repair costs?

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Thanks to SDT, mdhughes for posting how to access my previous post. I don't know how to do this. 2 payments left now. Thanks to all who express interest. I have 3 things I want to accomplish with this topic.
Get my tractor fixed no matter what !
Inform others as to alert them to a potential problem that exists with the particular series of tractors.
Try to get Kubota to help me with a known problem with their tractor.

Henri, you are correct, hindsight on the extended warranty insurance,shoulda,coulda,woulda,, my fault. This topic has been debated on here. My factory warranty ended at 3 years and I elected to not

69 SS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Thanks to SDT, mdhughes for posting how to access my previous post. I don't know how to do this. 2 payments left now. Thanks to all who express interest. I have 3 things I want to accomplish with this topic.
Get my tractor fixed no matter what !
Inform others as to alert them to a potential problem that exists with the particular series of tractors.
Try to get Kubota to help me with a known problem with their tractor.

Henro, you are correct, hindsight on the extended warranty insurance,shoulda,coulda,woulda,, my fault. This topic has been debated on here. My factory warranty ended at 3 years and I elected to not continue the extended warranty. My old iPad does not like this new format lots of problems posting,keep getting a oops we're sorry security issue when trying to post. Frustrated now wifey is mad cause I'm mad at iPad.. I have to go take my bath and go to bed. Thanks to all and good luck on your projects.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Read the entire earlier thread.

Apparently a known problem much like long running B3350 problems.

Both resulted in redesign but no campaign or recall so little or no help to affected owners.

SDT
What was the redesign of the PTO for L01 series tractors?