Kubota MX6000 Air conditioning problem

davemc

New member

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Jan 9, 2022
14
1
3
USA
The AC on my MX6000 stopped putting out cool air. It still blows air, but its not cool. I figured it was due to dust and debris, build up, so i blew everything out with compressed air, which has always fixed the problem before. But it didn't seem to work this time. It still blows, just not cool. I opened up the hood and took a look to see if I could see anything obviously wrong, and there is a roller to the side of the fan belt, but it doesn't make contact with the fan belt. I am not sure what it is. There is no belt on it. I will include a photo. I am not sure what normal looks like. The photo is taken from the right side.
 

Attachments

davemc

New member

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Jan 9, 2022
14
1
3
USA
Yes belt is tight. It does not make contact with the roller in front of it, but it looks like something makes contact with the roller at least periodically from the clean area on on it.
 

Bee-Positive

Well-known member

Equipment
BX1880, Cab, FEL, Tooth Bar, MMM, QH, Ballast Box
Nov 16, 2022
1,202
1,106
113
Amsterdam, NY
That is the pulley tensioner, it should be adjusted ride on the belt and keep it tight. I can't tell from the parts drawing if there should be a spring holding it tight or if the bolt is tightened to hold the pully in place. The top of the belt goes around the AC Clutch Assembly.

Look at the compressor unit (the top most pully).
The pulley is turned by the belt. The center of that pully is the clutch assembly and should not be turning when the AC is off. Turn on the AC and watch the clutch (the center of the pulley highlighted in yellow), it should spin.


Belt Tension Pulley.jpg Compressor.jpg
 

Bee-Positive

Well-known member

Equipment
BX1880, Cab, FEL, Tooth Bar, MMM, QH, Ballast Box
Nov 16, 2022
1,202
1,106
113
Amsterdam, NY
I didn't see the workshop manual on Kubotabooks but you should get one - maybe a member on here has one.

If the belt is tight and clutch is spinning when you turn on the AC you'll need to check if the refrigerant is low or has a leak, again the WSM should cover how to trouble shoot.
 

Bee-Positive

Well-known member

Equipment
BX1880, Cab, FEL, Tooth Bar, MMM, QH, Ballast Box
Nov 16, 2022
1,202
1,106
113
Amsterdam, NY
The parts diagram shows it against the belt.
It should be in contact with the belt and checked/adjusted to kept the proper tension on the belt.
You need the WSM.
 

Thomas Brown

New member
Oct 6, 2026
2
0
1
London
I would check the simple things first. If the blower is working but the air is no longer getting cold, it could be low on refrigerant or there may be an issue with the compressor.

That roller you mentioned may be a belt tensioner or idler, so I wouldn't worry about it just because it doesn't appear to be touching the belt. The photo should make that easier to identify.

If the AC worked fine before and suddenly stopped cooling, I'd probably check the refrigerant pressure and make sure the compressor is actually engaging before replacing anything.
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,019
3,156
113
Austin, Texas
The parts diagram shows it against the belt.
It should be in contact with the belt and checked/adjusted to kept the proper tension on the belt.
You need the WSM.
@Bee-Positive
I recall another thread about a similar pulley that turned out was just placed there to protect something from the belt (not to tension the belt).

Are you 100% positive it is for tension on this model tractor? Or are you just assuming it is from the other 99.99% of assemblies that use that type of pulley to add tension?

I have no idea either way so didn’t make the same comment about it as you did!