Kubota M8560 OEM Wheel Size

bryson04

Equipment
M8560
Jun 12, 2023
Tennessee
I am looking to replace a set of industrial wheels and worn tires with a set of the OEM size wheels and tires.

My Dad purchased a M8560 that had the previous life of what we understood to be a chicken house tractor. Dad was in the works of making a trade on some wheels and tires with someone, and unfortunately passed away unexpectedly. We have no idea who it was, or we would continue to work with them.

We have some dangerous grades that I felt super uncomfortable bush hogging this year, with the fear of loosing traction and sliding on the grass and shrubbery. I would be grateful for any guidance that you all can provide.

edit 1: interested in R1 tires and the tractor is M8560HD (4WD w/ ROPS)

Thank you,
Bryson

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bryson - - welcome to OTT.

So sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences.

Is your tractor 4WD? If so, you need to pay attention to rolling circumference of the fronts versus the rears.

Often 4WD tractors have the fronts "pull" the rears just a little to help fronts maintain traction and aid in steering.

You say there's industrial wheels and tires on it now...we often call Industrial tires R4 tires. Kind of like on a skid steer or older commercial tractor/loader/backhoes (TLB).

Other options are R1 (Agricultural) and R3 (Turf).

Do you think the current wheels and tires are not OEM? If so, why?

What are you looking to put on it? New R4's or switch it to R1's? Guessing you want to switch to R1, which are the typical bar-tread "farm tractor" tire?

R1's require a larger diameter rim, and the tires are often not as wide.

Many of the tractors of your size have center discs that can be interchanged between rims, but the discs need to match diameter of the tire rim.

For starters, try poking around here. Pick the correct model of your M8560 - there are many.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List (kubotausa.com)

Then check the Wheel and Tire section. Gives R4, R1 and R3 options.

R4 and R3 can sometimes use same wheels, but R1 are different altogether. Might get your started on what size options are available for that model, and still keep rolling circumference ratio happy, if 4WD.

You will likely need to change both fronts and rears to avoid damage to the 4WD drivetrain.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What conditions do you want the most traction in?
There are basically 4 tire options.
R1- AG tread
R3- Turf tread
R4-Industrials
And the new one's
R14- Hybrid crossover tires

bryson04

Equipment
M8560
Jun 12, 2023
Tennessee
What conditions do you want the most traction in?
There are basically 4 tire options.
R1- AG tread
R3- Turf tread
R4-Industrials
And the new one's
R14- Hybrid crossover tires
Thank you for your quick reply!

I don’t intend on running pavement very often at all. Mainly the only pavement it may end up on is the driveway. Outside of that, when it has good tires I’ll feel confident to take the wooded cut through a between fields. instead of driving the road. My trouble now is I can’t take them because the tires slide on the leaves on top of the wet dirt.

I usually find myself bush hogging on firm packed soil, but in some situations I getting in the drainage areas between two hills. I live in East Tennessee, if that helps with your understanding of the climate I will be in.

ultimately, I would probably see myself running R1’s.

bryson04

Equipment
M8560
Jun 12, 2023
Tennessee
Bryson - - welcome to OTT.

So sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences.

Is your tractor 4WD? If so, you need to pay attention to rolling circumference of the fronts versus the rears.

Often 4WD tractors have the fronts "pull" the rears just a little to help fronts maintain traction and aid in steering.

You say there's industrial wheels and tires on it now...we often call Industrial tires R4 tires. Kind of like on a skid steer or older commercial tractor/loader/backhoes (TLB).

Other options are R1 (Agricultural) and R3 (Turf).

Do you think the current wheels and tires are not OEM? If so, why?

What are you looking to put on it? New R4's or switch it to R1's? Guessing you want to switch to R1, which are the typical bar-tread "farm tractor" tire?

R1's require a larger diameter rim, and the tires are often not as wide.

Many of the tractors of your size have center discs that can be interchanged between rims, but the discs need to match diameter of the tire rim.

For starters, try poking around here. Pick the correct model of your M8560 - there are many.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List (kubotausa.com)

Then check the Wheel and Tire section. Gives R4, R1 and R3 options.

R4 and R3 can sometimes use same wheels, but R1 are different altogether. Might get your started on what size options are available for that model, and still keep rolling circumference ratio happy, if 4WD.

You will likely need to change both fronts and rears to avoid damage to the 4WD drivetrain.
I appreciate your condolences. That means a lot!

the tractor is 4wd, and I am familiar with keeping the ratio similar. I also agree with you idea of keeping the front pulling.

I guess I should have used the terminology stock, rather than OEM. I am very certain the are not standard wheels by just looking at them. The rim seems very wide by looking at them.

i would love to just switch out the rims and keep the center weights, as we do have rear weights. I want to use them on the new wheels.

thank you for the resource. Couldn’t get my google query to provide adequate results in my search.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thank you for your quick reply!

I don’t intend on running pavement very often at all. Mainly the only pavement it may end up on is the driveway. Outside of that, when it has good tires I’ll feel confident to take the wooded cut through a between fields. instead of driving the road. My trouble now is I can’t take them because the tires slide on the leaves on top of the wet dirt.

I usually find myself bush hogging on firm packed soil, but in some situations I getting in the drainage areas between two hills. I live in East Tennessee, if that helps with your understanding of the climate I will be in.

ultimately, I would probably see myself running R1’s.
Look at the R14's as I see them working the best all around for you.
You can do R14's using the rims you have now, so that will off set the cost.

But R1's are good too.

You might be able to get a set from a local dealer through that sales department for a reasonable cost.

bryson04

Equipment
M8560
Jun 12, 2023
Tennessee
Wanted to take a moment and update everyone who helped me in my search. I ended up purchasing a new pair of front and back wheels. I choose to go with the original size that it come with. I was able to find the whole goods part numbers and have my local dealer order them. $5,100 plus the $130 to load the rears. Very satisfied so far, and will be spending the day tomorrow putting them on. Thank you all for your help.

WholeGoods .PDF link: