Kubota M4900 will not start, turns over very slowly

RickandBecky

Equipment
Kubota M4900SU
Sep 21, 2020
Tyler, Texas
Generally you can take them to a auto parts store and have them checked our. O'Rielly's, Advance, etc or if you know a good auto electric shop.
Yes, we have a local shop in town that checks, rebuilds, or replaces all sorts of starters, etc. Will take mine to them when I get it off the tractor. Thanks!

RickandBecky

Equipment
Kubota M4900SU
Sep 21, 2020
Tyler, Texas
This post is regarding the removal of the starter on my Kubota M4900 tractor. I’ve looked all through YouTube videos and cannot find one that addresses how to best remove the starter. Has anyone done this on their Kubota tractor that could give me some tips? Thanks!

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This post is regarding the removal of the starter on my Kubota M4900 tractor. I’ve looked all through YouTube videos and cannot find one that addresses how to best remove the starter. Has anyone done this on their Kubota tractor that could give me some tips? Thanks!
I did an M7040, don't know how similar yours is.

Disconnect battery ground cable. Disconnect cable and wire from starter. I didn't have to remove the loader.

Go straight up from underneath with swivel socket or socket and swivel extension and 1/2" breaker bar. It's been a while but I think you need the right length extension combination, just remove two bolts and it comes right out.

Good luck, we're counting on you.