Kubota m105s front end loader does not work

MJGJ

Equipment
Kubota m105s 4x4 with front end loader
Apr 28, 2022
Lewisburg, KY.
Hi, every one I am having trouble with my kubota m105s.
The tractor was working perfectly fine yesterday and then this morning I went out and it started just like normal but the front end loader does not move and the three pt. hitch goes down but will not go up and I don't the rear hydraulic remotes have any pressure. The power steering works just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be and how to diagnose the problem?
Any help is very appreciated.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi, every one I am having trouble with my kubota m105s.
The tractor was working perfectly fine yesterday and then this morning I went out and it started just like normal but the front end loader does not move and the three pt. hitch goes down but will not go up and I don't the rear hydraulic remotes have any pressure. The power steering works just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be and how to diagnose the problem?
Any help is very appreciated.
You seem to have either lost pressure from the pump or something is blocking all of thsose valves. On these larger tractor draft control is seems to sometimes block the hydraulic flow - might want to check that function to make sure it is not active. Also make sure that all control valves are in neutral. If one of the spools in a loder valve or remotes are stuck that could also block all functions and put the pump into relief. If you have a third function on teh loader that could alsobe a source of blockage.You should be able to hear the engine and pump laboring if any of that is the case. Given the sudden nature of the failure those would all be prime suspects.

The hydraulic circuit is pump to loader valve to remotes to 3pt.. The loader is supplied by a hydraulic outlet on the front of the transmission as shown in this parts diagram:

Hose A (030) is the pump supply from tractor to valve
Hose B (020) is the low pressure tank return from the valve
Hose C (010) is the high pressure carryover line for the remotes and 3pt.

Assuming draft control is not active and you have verified that all control valves are in neutral a pressure check would be in order. Ideally you would remove hose A from the valve and connect a pressure gauge to the hose to see if you are getting pump pressure. If that checks out then something down line is blocking the circuit. Getting to that test point may be less than straight forward if you have a cab.

Sorry but that's about all I can offer.

Dan

1651170012464.png

Last edited:

MJGJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2022
Lewisburg, KY.
You seem to have either lost pressure from the pump or something is blocking all of thsose valves. On these larger tractor draft control is seems to sometimes block the hydraulic flow - might want to check that function to make sure it is not active. Also make sure that all control valves are in neutral. If one of the spools in a loder valve or remotes are stuck that could also block all functions and put the pump into relief. If you have a third function on teh loader that could alsobe a source of blockage.You should be able to hear the engine and pump laboring if any of that is the case. Given the sudden nature of the failure those would all be prime suspects.

The hydraulic circuit is pump to loader valve to remotes to 3pt.. The loader is supplied by a hydraulic outlet on the front of the transmission as shown in this parts diagram:

Hose A (030) is the pump supply from tractor to valve
Hose B (020) is the low pressure tank return from the valve
Hose C (010) is the high pressure carryover line for the remotes and 3pt.

Assuming draft control is not active and you have verified that all control valves are in neutral a pressure check would be in order. Ideally you would remove hose A from the valve and connect a pressure gauge to the hose to see if you are getting pump pressure. If that checks out then something down line is blocking the circuit. Getting to that test point may be less than straight forward if you have a cab.

Sorry but that's about all I can offer.

Dan

View attachment 79064
What is the draft control and how can I check that?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
What is the draft control and how can I check that?
I am not familiar with that tractor so I cannot help with that. I assumed it has draft control based on the size of the machine. (100HP). Draft control may or may not be be an option and you may not have it on your tractor. The owners manual should detail the use of draft control if it was available.

Dan

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Welcome to OTT
How long since hyd filters were changed? Is trans oil level at the full mark? Are rear remote control levers in neutral position? Disconnect/reconnect each breakaway hyd coupler associated with frt end loader control valve.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Make certain controls for remotes are truly back in neutral position. Otherwise they bleed off pressure for both loader and 3 pt hitch
Dave

MJGJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2022
Lewisburg, KY.
The rear hydraulic remotes are in the neutral position I have made sure of that and the front end loader valves are moving properly. The hydraulic fluid filters were changed about two months ago. I don't know allot about this tractor as we just bought it about six months ago but even tho every thing worked as it should I thought the hydraulics were a little slow for what I had expected. Thanks for all the help and replies but is there a way to presser test the hydraulic pump as I kind of expect that to be the problem?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I would bet against the pump but its fairly easy to test and a good place to start.

Go back up the thread to the parts diagram I posted. It looks like hose "B" is pump pressure into the loader. Disconnect that hose and hook a gauge to it. Start the tractor and you will read pump pressure. You will be running the pump against the system relief so don't run it like that for more than a couple minutes. If its low you still don't know if its the pump or system relief.

Dan

MJGJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2022
Lewisburg, KY.
Hi, everyone the tractor is operating as usual, the front end loader, 3pt hitch and the rear hydrologic remotes are now working properly.
I am not sure what the problem was but I found that the 2nd lever for the 3pt hitch was disconnected so I reconnected it and it still did not fix it so I thought it must be something else like the pump because I could not hear the hydrologic pump when the tractor was running, so I needed the bucket that was on the tractor so I took my skid steer and lifted the front end loader while my brother was holding the joy stick in the up position then all of a sudden the tractor started working so I have bin using it all day and just wanted to say thanks for all the help and replies.

rowsley

Equipment
l3830, m6060 mx5400, l3901
Dec 2, 2021
missouri
you must have had a valve in the loader control stuck. i have had that happen a few times with my l3830. it is always the bucket roll valve. i just hold throttle wide open and run loader joy stick in a circle about 5 times, then it works fine.