Kubota M 125 Transmission problems

jlcross

Equipment
M 125
Nov 17, 2015
comanche, OK
I recently bought one and its a problem. Had put less than an hour on it and it started leaking fluid out from under the cab. 2 electric hydraulic switches were broken and leaking. replaced them and now the transmission is having problems. Took it to a Kubota dealership and they are going to have to split it just to see why the transmission is making the noise its making. Upon further investigation I found the original owner and he has had multiple hydraulic leaks, replaced the rear wheel seals, power steering controls rebuilt, and a hydraulic pump put in it.

It has 2400 hours and should have these problems. I am super leery of the tractor now. Has anyone else had these problems?

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I've only serviced a few of the large M tractors your size but none of them had the issues you describe. That said, there are such things as lemons, regardless of the brand.

It sounds like your machine has quite a few gremlins that were passed off to you unknowingly when you bought it.

I would attempt to contact Kubota North America, and also the dealer that did the work and see what they might be able to do to work with you. Sometimes to save face a mfg or dealer will give you a discount on a new machine or at minimum a deal on a different used machine.

Maybe you won't be lucky, but its worth trying! Good luck! Kubota is known for its reliability and quality, wishing you the best!

jlcross

Equipment
M 125
Nov 17, 2015
comanche, OK
Billdog, I Take it your a mechanic for Kubota? The tractor was working fine and started to downshift on its own and it wasn't under a load. I stopped and tried to shift from Hi to Low and the gear indicator on the dash started blinking. I stopped and got my manual and by then it has quit blinking but was leaking fluid. I replaced the two switches that tell the computer when to shift when under a load. Now the transmission makes a growling noise when the tractor moves or even freewheels out of gear its fine. After fixing the switches it now shifts like it should but the noise didn't go away. Any ideas? Kubota said they need to split the tractor to figure out what it is.