Kubota LX3310 HSTC Wheel Spacer Advice

KTinBisND

Equipment
Kubota B3200
Mar 19, 2023
Bismarck, North Dakota
Have an LX3310 with cab. Not working on real steep ground but always nice to have a little more stability, especially since the cab puts more weight up top. Leaning towards Bora aluminum spacers, but my main question is overall width. Thinking maybe 2 1/2" or 3" on each side? And should front and rear be moved out the same amount? Would like to hear from anyone who has done spacers on this size tractor for your experience and advice. THX!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Spacers are a game changer - one of the best add ons you can place on a tractor. Some will argue there is no "noticeable" difference = but I will tell you it is felt in the seat when using.

As for the distance out, I would say 3" would be about max! Not sure you want to place anymore stress on the axle and rear end of the tractor than need be.

AS for spacers on the front = I would not bother, the spacer gain on the front does not help as much as the rear. On the smaller tractors the front pivots - thus making the wider foot print not a huge plus. Spacers on front also stress the steering components too.

Your FEL width would be something I would make sure the spacers do not exceed. You want your bucket to be wider than the rear overall width. Same with a rear back blade, blade covers the width of the rear blade.

On another note - the spacers you are looking at are fine - very expensive however. If you do a little research and find the bolt pattern and center hub diameter - you can find the spacers for 1/2 as much on ebay or other web sites.

KTinBisND

Equipment
Kubota B3200
Mar 19, 2023
Bismarck, North Dakota
Really appreciate your advice. I'm a math and science guy by training so tend to overthink all this stuff. Was out in the shop tonight and really looking at the rear wheel placement. As they come from the factory the rears on the LX3310 are very tight.

So I got out my tape measure. The OD on the rear tires (R14s) is 53 1/2 ". It looked like 3 1/2" would put the center line of each tire right at the edge of the rear fenders, so half the tire would be inside the fender and half out. Not sure if that's good logic, but it is some logic. That would result in a 60 1/2" OD on rear tires.

I run a 6' (72") rear mount finish mower and always want the mower wider than my rear tires for going along edges. I also just picked up a flail mower that can be hydraulically offset to reach out to the side, so edging will be even less of an issue.

Your advice, plus some other info I've read, make me inclined to just leave the front alone for now. If for some reason things don't feel right, I can always tweak the front later.

Appreciate any other feedback. Thanks much!

acruxksa

Equipment
LX2610, lx2963, bb2572
Jan 15, 2024
Anchorage, Alaska
I just put some 2" spacers on my LX2610 for a couple reasons, mainly hills and tire chains. The Bora's are what our local Kubota dealer sells so I'm sure they're very good quality, but the salesman literally told me to just find some online because they will just mark up the Bora's and sell them back to me. I found another well known spacer maker from Canada that shipped immediately for a very reasonable price., so there are other options, but Bora is definitely the most highly recommended.

I would also say that unless you know for sure that you want/need 3" spacers, I would seriously think about something a bit narrower. Not saying they won't work, but that's a lot of wheel spacer.

DomG

Equipment
LX2610hsd/535FEL/BH77/PFL1242/BB1260 -- Toro Zero Turn
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
I just put some 2" spacers on my LX2610 for a couple reasons, mainly hills and tire chains. The Bora's are what our local Kubota dealer sells so I'm sure they're very good quality, but the salesman literally told me to just find some online because they will just mark up the Bora's and sell them back to me. I found another well known spacer maker from Canada that shipped immediately for a very reasonable price., so there are other options, but Bora is definitely the most highly recommended.

I would also say that unless you know for sure that you want/need 3" spacers, I would seriously think about something a bit narrower. Not saying they won't work, but that's a lot of wheel spacer.
Who was the other maker from canada? looking myself and would be easier to buy within canada as well

acruxksa

Equipment
LX2610, lx2963, bb2572
Jan 15, 2024
Anchorage, Alaska
Who was the other maker from canada? looking myself and would be easier to buy within canada as well
Bro-Tek

I didn't post their name originally because I didn't want to sway your decision but since you asked. ;)

also, if you do go that route, be sure to read the directions. They ship the minimum hardware to mount the spacers and require reuse of factory fasteners. Only down side is two different socket sizes but I'm ok with that since the tires aren't moving frequently anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Added 2” Boras to the B26 rear as well as ballast. World of difference on our hillside farm.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I went with 2" spacers from Bro-tek for my Rops B2650. They make very nice spacers, easy install as well.

I'd say 2-2.5" for your cabbed version would be fine.

Spacers 1.JPG

Spacers 2.JPG
Spacers 4.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

KTinBisND

Equipment
Kubota B3200
Mar 19, 2023
Bismarck, North Dakota
Really appreciate the advice, and the great pics. Have been comparing BORA and Bro-Tek a bit more. Looks like the price is nearly identical. I'm only seeing full inch increments from Bro-Tek; am I correct about that? Not sure 1/2" increments are a deciding factor; just want to make sure I'm comparing accurately. Any other thoughts between the two brands?

acruxksa

Equipment
LX2610, lx2963, bb2572
Jan 15, 2024
Anchorage, Alaska
Really appreciate the advice, and the great pics. Have been comparing BORA and Bro-Tek a bit more. Looks like the price is nearly identical. I'm only seeing full inch increments from Bro-Tek; am I correct about that? Not sure 1/2" increments are a deciding factor; just want to make sure I'm comparing accurately. Any other thoughts between the two brands?
I'd be sure to double check shipping times with either before purchasing, unless time isn't an issue. The only half inch increment I see for Bro-Tek spacers is 1.5". I don't think you can go wrong with either.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I went wiyh 2.5" from Bora on my lx2610. The rear tires are just within the width of my bucket.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

Your advice, plus some other info I've read, make me inclined to just leave the front alone for now. If for some reason things don't feel right, I can always tweak the front later.

Appreciate any other feedback. Thanks much!
Bad idea. Don't tweak the front ever. You gain little and stress the front mechanism a lot!

Rear axle is long. Front is very short. A small increase in width on the front can translate into a HUGE difference in forces felt by the bearings.

It took me a while to understand this. But now I am a believer!