Kubota L47 speed pulsating like i am moving the throttle but the motor is running fine

miket1969

Equipment
Kubota L47
Jan 15, 2024
Fayetteville
Kubota L47 the engine is running fine but as I am driving the equipment the speed starts fluctuating like I am moving the throttle up and down. It also does it in reverse and beeping will also stop. Any idea what it might be?

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Do you have auto throttle advance on? If so, engine speed varies with treadle position.

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Makes you think something in the pedal switch with the reverse beeping stopping. How many hrs on the tractor? Originally, I would have thought a fuel restriction issue.

miket1969

Equipment
Kubota L47
Jan 15, 2024
Fayetteville
Do you have auto throttle advance on? If so, engine speed varies with treadle position.
I do but I have owned this since 2017 and this is something new. Basically it's like say your going 4 mph it jumps from 4 mph to 2mph maybe to 3mph to 1 mph or almost stops back to 4mph although the actual speed doesn't matter it starts jumping around like that. It might not do this for the first 20 minutes or so or it might do it when I first start out. I'm not using the pto but it will do it then as well. Thank you for responding and any help would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: 1 user

miket1969

Equipment
Kubota L47
Jan 15, 2024
Fayetteville
Makes you think something in the pedal switch with the reverse beeping stopping. How many hrs on the tractor? Originally, I would have thought a fuel restriction issue.
It has just under 1900 hrs. That's was my first thought but the engine is not sputtering or starved for fuel. I will definitely check out the pedal switch. Thank you for responding.