Kubota L3800DT front end hydraulics

MattyNH

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT, R4 tires, Bradco Forks, Third function valve
Oct 15, 2014
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire
Hey guys..Bran new member here! Last yr I purchased the L3800DT..Next week Im having the 50 hr fluid change on it.Since its gonna be up there at the dealership Im considering having hydraulics install on the front so Ill have power angle for the snow plow..Theres 2 options I was told..One option is was told about is a 3rd function hydraulic valve...Does anyone know about that?? or have one installed?

Last edited:

rk1475

Equipment
L3800HST,FEL,WT Box, R4 Tires, WR Long Grappler, Landpride Brush Hog, Snow Plow
Feb 25, 2013
Brimfield,ma,USA
I have a dealer installed front end hydraulics on my L3800 HST.

I use it for both a Grappler and front end snow plow. It is actually electric/hydraulic.

Works great. You need to perform one extra task when disconnecting the implements.

With the Grappler, raise the claws 1/3 to 1/2 way open before turning the tractor off then put the key back to the start position, but do not start.
Press the buttons and this will lower the claws and release the pressure.
With the snow plow there is nothing to raise of course so just do the buttons.

Then you can disconnect the lines and you won't be cursing when you try to reconnect

MattyNH

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT, R4 tires, Bradco Forks, Third function valve
Oct 15, 2014
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire
I have a dealer installed front end hydraulics on my L3800 HST.

I use it for both a Grappler and front end snow plow. It is actually electric/hydraulic.

Works great. You need to perform one extra task when disconnecting the implements.

With the Grappler, raise the claws 1/3 to 1/2 way open before turning the tractor off then put the key back to the start position, but do not start.
Press the buttons and this will lower the claws and release the pressure.
With the snow plow there is nothing to raise of course so just do the buttons.

Then you can disconnect the lines and you won't be cursing when you try to reconnect
Great to know!...I got to say Ive been impressed with the power angle on the plow..3rd valve works great like you said..Eventually Ill get a grapple bucket.. Hope to find one of Craig's list or something.. My question is..With your 2 attachments..Have you had to add hydraulic fluid?