kubota L345dt hydraulic issues

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
I have a kubota L345dt . I had the gear and needle bearing go out to the drop box. The hydraulics got contaminated with gear dust or bearing dust and metallic with fluid. I cleaned the hydraulic system out when I split the tractor apart. When this bearing started going out my hydraulic loader had a very hard time going up and won't lift hardly any weight. The loader works off of the tractors hydraulics. The three point hitch and all the other hydraulics work fine. I checked the relief valve, put a gage on port 32 to check the hydraulic pressure, only getting 500-600psi at a high rpm. Do you think this could be the hydraulic pump? Or what else can I check?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Normally your loader gets hydraulic oil before the 3-point hitch. I assume you have the aluminum hydraulic block under the seat on the left side. This should be where your oil is coming from for the loader. Then it is returned to the block to be used in the three-point. Where did you check the the pressure?

Reactions: 1 user

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
Normally your loader gets hydraulic oil before the 3-point hitch. I assume you have the aluminum hydraulic block under the seat on the left side. This should be where your oil is coming from for the loader. Then it is returned to the block to be used in the three-point. Where did you check the the pressure?
Yes I have a hydraulic block under the seat on the left side. This looks like it goes to a control valve for the two rams on the gannon box on the back and then goes to the loader valves. I checked the hydraulic pressure in the middle of the tractor under the draft control valve in port 32 that some forum suggested.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes I have a hydraulic block under the seat on the left side. This looks like it goes to a control valve for the two rams on the gannon box on the back and then goes to the loader valves. I checked the hydraulic pressure in the middle of the tractor under the draft control valve in port 32 that some forum suggested.
I have no idea what port 32 is.

You need to check the pressure at the outlet port on the hydraulic block. If its in range move along the chain checking pressure at the inlet of each successive valve.

Is the loader the only thing that is not working? The 3pt is the last valve in the chain so if the gannon and 3pt are working its probably something internal in the loader valve.

Dan

Last edited:

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
thank you for your reply. Do I screw the gage into the block? or do I use a T and do it in line? This is all new to me thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
thank you for your reply. Do I screw the gage into the block? or do I use a T and do it in line? This is all new to me thanks
Excellent question. The system pressure relief valve is in the htdraulic top cover just before the block. You want to deadhead the pump againstvl that relief.

if its just the loader thats not working start at the loader valve. Disconnect the inlet hose at the valve and aattach the gauge to the end of the hose. When you start the tractor that guage should immediately read system relief pressure. Dont rum the tractor any longer than it takes to get a pressure reading.

I dont know the exact specufication for your tractor but something just under or slightly in excess of 2000 PSI is typical.

If you get system pressure at the inlet on tjhe loader the problem is in the loader valve.

If you do not get system pressure move the test point back towards the outlet block and test again until you find the point pressure is being blocked.

Hoptfully you find the problem somewhere between block and loader. If not testing gets more challenging.

Clear enough?

Dan

Last edited:

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
Yes , that is clear. I'll have to get some fittings to hook the gage up. It'll be a few days. thank you for your reply

Avery

Equipment
kubota
Feb 19, 2024
California
checked the pressure at control valve as you suggested, it went to 2,200lbs, but, the lift part of the loader is real slow. put new seals in control valve and that didn't help. I put the bucket tilt lines (they worked fine on bucket tilt) on the loader lift and they didn't help the problem. Do you think one of the rams has an internal leak? I don't see any oil leak on outside of ram..... Thank You

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
checked the pressure at control valve as you suggested, it went to 2,200lbs, but, the lift part of the loader is real slow. put new seals in control valve and that didn't help. I put the bucket tilt lines (they worked fine on bucket tilt) on the loader lift and they didn't help the problem. Do you think one of the rams has an internal leak? I don't see any oil leak on outside of ram..... Thank You
Sorry but I an in the hospital and out of commission at the moment. Expect radio silence for about a week if not more.

Dan

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user