Kubota L321 Snow-blower

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
Hi, been awhile since I posted any questions.
I just bought (almost stole) a Kubota L 321 5 foot snow blower for a 100 bucks. Blower is rusty but in really good shape other wise. working on sanding and a new paint job. When I search the web can't find out too much about these.
This is what I know so far. it was Made by McKee as a Sno-lander 320 they also made one for Jon deer, Parts seem to be available from Messicks but looking for any info like what pto speed do they run at? How good do they blow snow?
and anything else anyone has to offer. the chute rotator is an old cable on a crank if the blower works ok I plan on putting on a small ATV winch with a cable to rotate the chute. I will post pictures when I finish painting it up.
don't want it but waiting on snow to try it out up here in Maine:)

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I had the 4 foot version(sold as Kubota 222A) on the back of a B7100 for 5 years or so. It worked good. It would blow snow farther if I ran it on the second speed of the PTO. The open bevel gears are kind of strange instead of an enclosed gearbox. The manual said they were hardened steel and did not need any lubrication. I sold it with the tractor last winter. I had used an atv winch to make a power rotator. I think I saw that one for sale on craigs list. You got a good deal.

Big Orange

Equipment
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
Sno Lander 320

Just posted about my Kubota L321 snow blower and it talks about shear bolts
does anyone have any info on this? I do not have a slip clutch drive and want to know where these shear bolts are located so I do not damage anything.
this is also know as a Sno lander 320 by McKee
Thanks

Big Orange

Equipment
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
I guess these were not to popular but I have it ready to go. still looking for info on these but a little hard to come by.
any snow in Alfred yet? about 10 inches in Ripley

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Re: Sno Lander 320

Had a McKee 720 so my comments come from that model.
Two shear bolts. One at the tractor end of the pto shaft to protect the fan. It will be a bolt with a nut on it to hold it in place.
The second shear bolt is to protect the auger. A shaft comes out the side of the gear box towards the side of the blower where the chain is that turns the auger. At the end of that shaft there is a flat flange with a sprocket right beside the flange. This shear bolt connects the flange to the sprocket.
It is a carriage bolt so you dont need two wrenches to tighten it.

Post some pictures and I will mark them up where the shear bolts are

Google carriage bolt if you dont know what they look like

Dave M7040

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I think I replied to your post about shear bolts. It helps if you keep your questions in one place.

McKee was a Canadian company long gone. They made models for several companies, all the same except for the paint colour. John Deere green, Kubota orange... Mine was a720 with two augers.

They ran at 540 pto speed but their fan was not big enough to get rid of the snow if you backed up too fast. Some models had two augers, one above the other.

There are not many unique parts on them. Sprockets can often be found at TSC, seals at any bearing supply place who would measure the old seal and give you a generic one. The auger chain is a standard size also at tsc.

If you have a hydraulic outlet at the rear of your tractor you can easily make a chute rotator with a hydraulic cylinder which will work faster and easier than the winch designs.

Have a friend with a B7100 who runs his at a higher than 540 pto speed and it has lasted. Dont go overboard though as a 1,000 rpm pto might turn the fan into a bunch of flying pats.

Here is a picture of my friends B7100 with hydraulic chute rotator.

If gears are broken then it is not worth fixing.

If you are thinking of removing the fan DONT. It will be rusted in place and getting if off will be a hell of a job and you possibly end up with it partially off and the blower unusable.

Dave M7040

Last edited:

Big Orange

Equipment
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
Sorry for the 2 posts its been a while and couldn't figure it out but got it now.
Thanks for the info, the gears are just like new and are readily available but for now not needed.
pretty much have all the welding done and ground it down and primed and painted. still looking at what I want to do for the chute rotator
thanks for the input.

Attachments