Kubotalseries

Equipment
l295dt
Mar 10, 2021
California
First off thanks for letting me join.

Joined because I need help with my l295dt kubota

I worked on classic cars but never on tractors, tractor thing is all new to me

So the problems I'm having is the front loader and 3 point are very slow to lift and operate. was working fine a few days ago.

What would be the first thing to look at. I have a service manual but info is not the best kinda confusing specially if not familiar with the components of the hydraulic system or what they do.

Thanks

Attachments

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
I would first check oil level and condition then check and clean the filter item 070 below. You will undoubtedly have to drain the oil when removing the filter. That or be able to dram a vacuum on the trans sump while you are removing the filter.

1615396393961.png
1615396393961.png

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
First off thanks for letting me join.

Joined because I need help with my l295dt kubota

I worked on classic cars but never on tractors, tractor thing is all new to me

So the problems I'm having is the front loader and 3 point are very slow to lift and operate. was working fine a few days ago.

What would be the first thing to look at. I have a service manual but info is not the best kinda confusing specially if not familiar with the components of the hydraulic system or what they do.

Thanks
A few questions please.

How many hoses on the loader valve? 6 or 7?

If the 3 pt hitch is lowered all the way down does the loader work better?

Have any hydraulic hoses been changed?

Dave

Last edited:

Kubotalseries

Equipment
l295dt
Mar 10, 2021
California
I would first check oil level and condition then check and clean the filter item 070 below. You will undoubtedly have to drain the oil when removing the filter. That or be able to dram a vacuum on the trans sump while you are removing the filter.

View attachment 56116 View attachment 56116
So just let the oil drain into a pan from the filter ? or drain from a different location like a drain plug on transmission or ?

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Either way will work fine. Did you notice anything else that has changed recently? Any strange noises or change in tone when the machine is running and also when trying to operate the hydraulics?

Kubotalseries

Equipment
l295dt
Mar 10, 2021
California
Either way will work fine. Did you notice anything else that has changed recently? Any strange noises or change in tone when the machine is running and also when trying to operate the hydraulics?
The one thing I noticed is a light screeching sound or hiss(best way to describe it) coming from transmission area

haven't noticed anything else

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Sounds more like an issue with the draft, position lever or feedback linkage then.

Kubotalseries

Equipment
l295dt
Mar 10, 2021
California
A few questions please.

How many hoses on the loader valve? 6 or 7?

If the 3 pt hitch is lowered all the way down does the loader work better?

Have any hydraulic hoses been changed?

Dave
Nope even with 3 point all the way down loader still very slow to lift

no hoses been changed

hoses on loader valve? if you mean loader control.valve I snap a foto and attach it

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Nope even with 3 point all the way down loader still very slow to lift

no hoses been changed

hoses on loader valve? if you mean loader control.valve I snap a foto and attach it
My first question about hydraulic system performance with 3 pt down was to determine if the 3 pt feedback rod was properly adjusted.

If it was not properly adjusted, when the 3 pt was at max height, the 3 pt system could still be using hydraulic flow thus limiting pressure available for the loader.

The 6 or 7 hose question about the loader control valve was to see if your loader valve had a power beyond feature. With 7 hoses, it has PB, with 6 it does not. This is significant in seeing how the loader is tied into the tractor hydraulic system

When owners disconnect or replace hoses it is not uncommon for two hoses to be swapped resulting in a sudden change in performance.

You reported a sudden change which is not common with dirty filters.

Ruger1980 posted a parts illustration for the main pump. If the rubber hose #50 and two associated hose clamps #60 are allowing the pump to suck air, performance will degrade significantly. An air suction leak can happen without any visible external oil leak.

Dave

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Is the screeching noise constant or only when you have the three point at full up position? There is a relief valve that screams if the feedback rad is out of adjustment or if you’re trying to pick up something that is too heavy.

There should be a similar relief valve for the loader also but I have no idea where since I have never had a loader.

On some tractors there is a directional valve to route the fluid to the loader or the three point hitch. You may want to look for something similar if your loader is driven by the same pump as the three point hitch.