Kubota L2250 PTO question

MGB

Equipment
L2250DT/Ferguson TO30
Jul 3, 2010
SC
Hello. Can someone with an older L2250 (mine's a 1986) check and see if the PTO lever will engage with the engine not running and the clutch not depressed? My lever will not move the plunger at all with the engine running or not or the clutch depressed or not. Thanks

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Hello. Can someone with an older L2250 (mine's a 1986) check and see if the PTO lever will engage with the engine not running and the clutch not depressed? My lever will not move the plunger at all with the engine running or not or the clutch depressed or not. Thanks
Sorry, my toy is an elderly B6100 so I don't have any wisdom for you. However, it sounds like it's time for some WD-40 (or stronger).

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Mike,
I don't think there are mechanical inhibitors on the pto shift linkage beyond the speed selector plate knob. With the engine off the shifters should be free to move. I left a response to your TBN post with a couple pages attached from an owners manual.

MGB

Equipment
L2250DT/Ferguson TO30
Jul 3, 2010
SC
Hey guys. I finally got the PTO lever to move to hi and low as it should and the PTO works fine. The only problem I am still having is that the PTO can't be engaged while the tractor is running, I must crank the tractor with the PTO already engaged. Don't like to do it this way but it's the only way I can use the PTO. I'm still trying to verify if I have a two stage clutch. If I do, it is not working/adjusted properly. Does anyone know if all these tractors have a two stage clutch and if not what is the proper way to use/engage the PTO? thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it could and probably does have a dual stage clutch.
You're not hurting anything by starting it with the PTO engaged.

It's very common for the clutch to rust up from non use.
If you have a tiller or a brush mower run the tractor working the PTO hard, and while working it push down on the clutch pedal all the way, you might get lucky and be able to break it loose