Kubota L2250 no oil pressure

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
eserve, I just went back and reread the whole post. You're right, I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant the oil from the pump went to the filter and the oil galley that fed the bearings at the same time.
kdsn, do you still have the oil pan off. Take pictures. Sometimes a 2nd set of eyes can see what you don't. Like, " right there, there it is".
Right now, I'd make a way to force some oil into the threaded shaft where the oil filter screws on to the houseing. Get some oil into that eng before you really damage it.
Oil has to get to that front houseing from the pump. When you had the front cover off, did you ck for cracks, missing o ring etc,??
In my mind, oil is not getting to the pump. Can you make some way to get oil forced into the pickup tube??

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
eserve, I just went back and reread the whole post. You're right, I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant the oil from the pump went to the filter and the oil galley that fed the bearings at the same time.
kdsn, do you still have the oil pan off. Take pictures. Sometimes a 2nd set of eyes can see what you don't. Like, " right there, there it is".
Right now, I'd make a way to force some oil into the threaded shaft where the oil filter screws on to the houseing. Get some oil into that eng before you really damage it.
Oil has to get to that front housing from the pump. When you had the front cover off, did you ck for cracks, missing o ring etc,??
In my mind, oil is not getting to the pump. Can you make some way to get oil forced into the pickup tube??
ipz2222...pan back on. When I checked tube I failed to check o ring from tube to block. Appears a dribble of oil coming from pump. If I fill the port from pump on filter housing the oil I put in spews out then just dribbles I'm guessing due to air from bad o ring? Have been forcing oil into filter threaded shaft. I'm done as a move to another state by 7/6 forces a craigs list sale as is for 6k. Thanks for all your help and everyone else. I have no time to tear this down again.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Any air leak in the suction circuit to that pump is bad news and will allow the pump to lose it's prime. that o-ring would be a prime suspect. sounds to me there is definitely something wrong between the sump and the oil pump.

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
Any air leak in the suction circuit to that pump is bad news and will allow the pump to lose it's prime. that o-ring would be a prime suspect. sounds to me there is definitely something wrong between the sump and the oil pump.
I believe that is the only possible explanation. Thanks for your help, really appreciate this site!!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
So sorry we wern't able to get it fixed before you move...
Is the pump the large gear to the left of the center gear???
I see several holes at left bottom of case. Some have threads but there are 2 that I'm assuming are feed holes to the front cover and then to the filter???

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
I see several holes at left bottom of case. Some have threads but there are 2 that I'm assuming are feed holes to the front cover and then to the filter???
In pic pump is off, bottom of crank gear. port for pump, gasket for pump and o rings.

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
Notice how clean the gears are. NO sludge what so ever. That's why all I did was look at pickup tube and reinstalled pan.

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
What a process! I've been following this and was going to jump in with the possibility of missing the three o rings on the back of the gear case cover that seal up against the oil pump. If missing, the pump will not prime.
Yes it has beeen a llooooonnngggg process that was finally solved! Thanks for everyone's help.