Kubota L2250 no oil pressure

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
The treaded stem the filter screws onto doesn't lead to the pump and sump. It leads to the main oil gallery! If you force oil in there it will go through the main channel and leak from all the bearings in the engine, eventually finding it's way back to the sump.
And the cavity to the left of the oil fiter shaft goes where?? To the pump I believe.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
That is right. The oil comes from the sump to the oil pump then to the port at the oil filter to one side of the screw, then through the oil filter to the center port (with the screw threads) then on to oil the engine. If it has a filter bypass it will be in that base and will open if the oil is to thick or the filter is plugged to allow oil to go from the outer port to the center one bypassing the filter.
Ed

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
That is right. The oil comes from the sump to the oil pump then to the port at the oil filter to one side of the screw, then through the oil filter to the center port (with the screw threads) then on to oil the engine. If it has a filter bypass it will be in that base and will open if the oil is to thick or the filter is plugged to allow oil to go from the outer port to the center one bypassing the filter.
Ed
eserv, screen perfectly clean as well as inside oil pan and motor. There is nothing inside of the oil filter base as in bypass. Pump has been changed. Start up and idiot light on ( has been replaced). Oil filter removed, start engine, no oil squirting out. As many times as I've started this engine I cannot believe if no oil pressure that a bearing has not spun.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
In most cases the filter bypass is built into the filter itself, another reason you shouldn't use just any filter that screws on there!
I don't think you have a spun bearing either but you damn soon will have if you keep starting that engine without oil pressure!
when you crank it over oil should be coming out the port at the filter base, if it isn't there is something wrong with the oil pickup or the oil pump itself. if, as you say the pickup is on and in good shape then the problem has to be the oil pump itself or the components driving it. you better take that front off again and check out that new pump and be sure it operates when you turn the engine. you can safely crank over that engine to check the pump without reinstalling the front cover.
Ed

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
eserve, the 2nd explanation does not agree with the first but the 2nd I agree with. Is the the oil pump driven off gears off the front of the eng?? Is there a keyway the pump splines onto?? I think I'd be pumping some oil into those holes where the filter goes just to get some oil into the bearings before you scar them. Did you pull the old oil pump apart??

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The oil pump bolts to the front of the block and is gear driven from the crankshaft.
Ed

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
In most cases the filter bypass is built into the filter itself, another reason you shouldn't use just any filter that screws on there!
I don't think you have a spun bearing either but you damn soon will have if you keep starting that engine without oil pressure!
when you crank it over oil should be coming out the port at the filter base, if it isn't there is something wrong with the oil pickup or the oil pump itself. if, as you say the pickup is on and in good shape then the problem has to be the oil pump itself or the components driving it. you better take that front off again and check out that new pump and be sure it operates when you turn the engine. you can safely crank over that engine to check the pump without reinstalling the front cover.
Ed
Genuine Kubota filter..new. New oil pump. No sludge what so ever in pan or front case gears, pan removed, pickup perfect. When oil filter or sending unit is removed...no oil evidence. I know the bearings have not spun and the motor just purrs for the 20 seconds I let it run. The light is on, there is no oil coming from the oil filter base pump port....yet it runs. How can this be? Sooner or later BOOM!!!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
eserve, wife got computer fixed. Was able to see those charts. They don't show exactly what I want to see, but I think all oil must go thru the filter (except , if the filter gets restricted), before going to the eng.
kdsn, Are you sure you have enough oil in the pan?????

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Right, all the oil goes through the filter. the only other place it could be going is through the system relief valve, it is before the filter.
Ed

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
eserve, wife got computer fixed. Was able to see those charts. They don't show exactly what I want to see, but I think all oil must go thru the filter (except , if the filter gets restricted), before going to the eng.
For sure. I'm stumped. I guess the pressure bypass is somehow being tripped?

kdsn

Equipment
L2250-JD 2030
Aug 8, 2009
Lakeview, Mi
Pour some oil into port for pump @ oil filter housing, started up, oil sprayed out....bout as much as I put in. Go figure.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Hey Guys, there are a bunch of hardcore OTT fans cheering you on. Don't stop now!