Kubota L1501 - oil leaking through the main gear shift lever

qao

Equipment
l15001
Mar 5, 2019
Lisboa
Hello I have an old L1501 Gray serie Kubota, and after a few minutes running a some oil (not much) starts leaking through the gear level.
Any idea why it may happen? Any damage sealant in the gear lever structure maybe? Is it easy to replace it?

Thank you very much

Attachments

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
I have a '77 L185DT that did this shortly after I got it (2nd or third hand at around 1k hours) Never really looked into it beyond removing the shift cover and not seeing anything obviously amiss. It stopped doing it after a few heat cycles. I keep checking the fluid level and it's okay whenever I check, so I don't pay it much mind.

You might check that the bent metal tube under your seat (case vent) doesn't have something clogging it. If pressure due to temperature increase doesn't have some place to go, it will go out the next most likely place and take any nearby fluid with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It is probably the vent as mentioned previously. Left side under where the seat is. Looks like a question mark laying on the open side with a hex at the tractor end. Unscrew it and run a wire or small brush through the tube to clean it out. That should resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qao

Equipment
l15001
Mar 5, 2019
Lisboa
Thank you both for your precious informations! I haven't run the tractor yet but I do believe this is the cause since the tube was completely blocked with solid dirt.
I took some pictures so if anyone has a similar problem they could check it.

I didn't know the function of that little piece.

Later on i'll running it and check to see if the problem was solved and post back.

Thank you very much!

Attachments