kubota kx080-3 excavator blown head gasket stuck in the feild....,

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
kubota kx080-3 excavator blown head gasket stuck in the feild...., im trying to move back to the house...i called kubota there no help...they said they have to tech out there to move it..... im missing something ??? someone pull the sun gear, kubota said you need a pony motor to move it an tap into the hydro brake lock systeam

Last edited:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
kubota kx080-3 blown head gasket stuck in the feild...., im trying to move back to the house...i called kubota there no help...they said they have to tech out there to move it..... im missing something ??? someone pull the sun gear, kubota said you need a pony motor to move it an tap into the hydro brake lock systeam
What?

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Mini excavators have a hydraulic motor running each track. I imagine with gearing involved that without hydraulic power to the motors the tracks are locked in place.

I don’t know, but I don’t think you can pull an excavator that is not powered without just dragging it. On mine there is no neutral, just normal travel speed and a foot pedal to get a little more travel speed.

There would also be the question of how the boom/stick/bucket was positioned when the breakdown occurred, which could also make things difficult as far as trying to move the excavator.

Tractor? Put it in neutral and tow it where you want. Excavator? Not so easy, my guess anyway… I haven’t been there, I haven’t done that!

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
What they said is correct.. If you have another large loader you can lift the excavator boom up with someone releasing the pressure in the cylinder with the levers key on. Once you get the boom in a suitable position, you can free wheel the final drives with the center gear removed. Your gonna need something good sized to get it up a trailer unless field is at same site as house..... 8Ton machine
Be careful, free wheel means free wheel, and they will roll very easy on any slope. I would try to fix in field if at all possible. That is a good size machine I wouldn't want to move around without another machine of comparable size. (small dozer, another excavator.)

Dealer mentioned a pony motor to release hydraulic brake, and power the excavator. This is the best safest idea. You could rig a remote with some long hoses to do the same... Would take some special fittings/tee's might be worth it.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
...Once you get the boom in a suitable position, you can free wheel the final drives with the center gear removed...
Could you explain further? I though the two final drive motors for the tracks would be independent. Did not think there was anything in common except the hydraulics, which even if disconnected might not help due to gear reduction...

Novice here. New to excavators...

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Three lines on each drive motor. One forward, one reverse, and one brake lock. If you take the outer planetary cover off and remove the sun gear it free wheels.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
simply just pull the sun gears out, then you can tow it.
same as 'real' excavators..BTDT. if in muddy bog do NOT drop the sungear.......do NOT ask WHY I know that...

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I think I would be looking for a log splitter style gas driven power pack for this recovery. Hook it up with appropriate fittings after making sure oil is compatible. Might be slow going as gpm's would be a lot less but should do the job.