Kubota Grand L 60 series seat bottoms out

gpete98

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Feb 13, 2024
Wisconsin
I hope some of you are still looking for suggestions on how to keep the seat up. I weigh 375 and the seat no matter how tight tension was set, it would not hold up. I contacted Kubota and they informed me the seat is rated for 285lbs and said next thing they suggest would be the air ride in which they said that is rated for 375lbs.... I was not going to pay close to another thousand dollars. So, I took out the push pins holding the rubber skirt on and took a look. There is a shock in the middle that is attached to the seat itself and then to the cross bar with springs. I purchased two wheelbarrow tubes. Size of 4.10/3.50-4 on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TRTHND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 for a whopping $10 and they come in a pair. I partially inflated them and then shoved them under the seat; one on each side of the shock and then inflated them to 6.5lbs each. This worked awesome and even feels like air ride. I drop about half inch to an inch and it has plenty of give when driving around. I highly recommend doing this for those of you looking for an inexpensive and comfortable ride.

Reactions: 1 user

gpete98

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Feb 13, 2024
Wisconsin
I hope some of you are still looking for suggestions on how to keep the seat up. I weigh 375 and the seat no matter how tight tension was set, it would not hold up. I contacted Kubota and they informed me the seat is rated for 285lbs and said next thing they suggest would be the air ride in which they said that is rated for 375lbs.... I was not going to pay close to another thousand dollars. So, I took out the push pins holding the rubber skirt on and took a look. There is a shock in the middle that is attached to the seat itself and then to the cross bar with springs. I purchased two wheelbarrow tubes. Size of 4.10/3.50-4 on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TRTHND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 for a whopping $10 and they come in a pair. I partially inflated them and then shoved them under the seat; one on each side of the shock and then inflated them to 6.5lbs each. This worked awesome and even feels like air ride. I drop about half inch to an inch and it has plenty of give when driving around. I highly recommend doing this for those of you looking for an inexpensive and comfortable ride.

Edit: after two days the air has escaped both tubes. Not sure what to try next

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
There are companies that custom make springs. If you measured the dimensions of the existing springs, a company could build you custom ones with a higher spring rate designed specifically for your body weight to prevent the seat from collapsing down.

gpete98

Equipment
L3560HST-LE
Feb 13, 2024
Wisconsin
There are companies that custom make springs. If you measured the dimensions of the existing springs, a company could build you custom ones with a higher spring rate designed specifically for your body weight to prevent the seat from collapsing down.
who are the companies you are referring to so I can contact them?