kubota gl6500 genny

emnem

Equipment
gl6500
Nov 28, 2010
BELLERIVER, ONTARIO, CANADA
hi everyone
what a great site and glad I found it! I've a gl6500 genny 240v/120v that is only outputting 75v on both phases. I've done a resistance test on the coils and checked to ground and all seems okay. Would really appreciate any advice/input you could offer.
thanks in advance emnem

emnem

Equipment
gl6500
Nov 28, 2010
BELLERIVER, ONTARIO, CANADA
I'm not really sure, I haven't actually checked it. But we use it every day and I'm sure the rpm is where its suppose to be. Would it be right to asume that the voltage is proportional to the speed?

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Voltage is proportional to speed on my generator. I don't see rated voltage until I get rated RPM's. But, I don't have your generator.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
hi everyone
what a great site and glad I found it! I've a gl6500 genny 240v/120v that is only outputting 75v on both phases. I've done a resistance test on the coils and checked to ground and all seems okay. Would really appreciate any advice/input you could offer.
thanks in advance emnem
Does the charge light turn green on the control panel,mine stopped charging at one time,the green light didn't come on,so took the AVR off,dug the potting covering the components out and was able to test and replace some to get it working again.

Its more than 10 years ago but I think this is the schematic of the AVR drawn at the time of repair..I don't know if the UK model is the same as yours? The PDF file will be easier to read if you reduce magnification.
Edit: have rescanned to better scale!
dave

Attachments

Last edited:

tmarks11

Equipment
GL6500S generator
Jan 4, 2015
Seattle, WA
I just purchased a pristine (10yo) GL6500S, which runs perfectly.

I would really like to know the ins and outs of this machine; it has the Kubota XB600-EGL engine in it.

Anyone know where I can find a service manual on the engine? I have the generator owners manual.

My google-fu is weak; the only thing I have turned up is fake sites trying to sell me nonexistent pdfs of the wrong engine.

tmarks11

Equipment
GL6500S generator
Jan 4, 2015
Seattle, WA
thanks for the links.

Nothing in there for the ZB600-EGL, but in the 70mm bore manual, it show the Z600, which has the same stroke and bore. Anyone know the difference between a Z600 and a ZB600?