Kubota Financing is insane

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I looked at several dealers before buying my F2690 during the tail end of the pandemic and no additional cash discounts were available. 0% on Kubota's dime was better than pulling it out of one of my investment accounts so that was the move I made. At that point, Kubota had also dropped the 36 to 24 months free on this model which was fine. I suspect things will change as supply catches up and then exceeds demand.

GMAC had one of the funnier offers when I bought my 2018 Sierra Denali diesel HD pickup. The cash discount offer was $500 OR if you financed at least $1,000 at 3.9, you got a $2,000 discount. There was no penalty for early payoff so I financed $1,000, took my $2,000 discount, and paid off the loan before the first payment was due thus no interest or other cost :)

You really have to look at all of the options and fine print to make the best choice. One of the big camera retailers was offering to cover sales tax IF you bought on credit through their partner bank. The interest rate was ridiculously high but there was no early payment penalty. I used that offer to buy a pair of camera bodies and three telephoto prime lenses that cost, as a group, far more than most new vehicles and that cost the bank a lot when they had to cover the sales tax. I paid off the balance as soon as the order arrived, they then retaliated by canceling my credit line but it worked fine for what I needed for a big one time purchase. They make their money off the suckers that don't pay it off immediately and end up with a crazy high finance charge.

Rodger
My lifestyle as well.
I love it when banks/businesses try to lure me in with silly deals.

Reactions: 1 users

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
An old saying I use myself. "You don't realize just how much free really costs"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
I paid cash for my B2601 last week. Kubota gave me 800 off for being a cash buyer.
What is the OP’s income to debt ratio? Credit score doesn’t matter if you’re up to your ears in unpaid loans. . .

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I paid cash for my B2601 last week. Kubota gave me 800 off for being a cash buyer.
Interesting. A year ago the offer was $500 off for cash (to me) on the same tractor. Seems like some have suggested there’s no or very little discount for cash recently with Kubota.

I wonder if it has something to do with which finance package a person qualifies for relative to different finance packages Kubota has at the point in time. E.g. does a person that qualifies for 0% get a larger cash discount than someone that qualifies for 3% (for example, just tossing out a non-zero number).

John D 2

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Interesting. A year ago the offer was $500 off for cash (to me) on the same tractor. Seems like some have suggested there’s no or very little discount for cash recently with Kubota.

I wonder if it has something to do with which finance package a person qualifies for relative to different finance packages Kubota has at the point in time. E.g. does a person that qualifies for 0% get a larger cash discount than someone that qualifies for 3% (for example, just tossing out a non-zero number).
I don't think so. They never ran my credit, so they wouldn't know credit wise where I'm at.

It may have something to do with the region you're in. Different regions sometimes have different discounts.

I tried to make the same deal last year, but the numbers were much different price wise. This year they offered me around $2000 more for my trade than last.

They also came down around $1600 more on their unit this year as well. In total the same deal this year vs last year was around 3600 dollars better for me. I couldn't say no.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't think so. They never ran my credit, so they wouldn't know credit wise where I'm at.

It may have something to do with the region you're in. Different regions sometimes have different discounts.

I tried to make the same deal last year, but the numbers were much different price wise. This year they offered me around $2000 more for my trade than last.

They also came down around $1600 more on their unit this year as well. In total the same deal this year vs last year was around 3600 dollars better for me. I couldn't say no.
The times....they are a changin !

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Supply is coming up and demand is dropping so more deals will be available on MOST units. The big delay on my F2690 was getting the 72" rear discharge deck which came in 6 months after the 2690. I had also looked at Deere's front mount commercial mowers (I have one of their largest dealerships in the country 3 miles away) but they wouldn't even consider ordering one until after this past December. I also preferred the design and construction of the Kubota.

I checked with multiple large Kubota dealers around the country when I was shopping for the 2690 and I wouldn't have minded making a reasonable trip to pick it up if the price was right but given the shortage nobody was making a deal that was worthwhile and none offered cash discounts. As I recall, Deere would have provided a small cash discount (and I have a better than 30 year relationship buying stuff from that dealer) but availability was a big question mark and they were trying to push me to buying one of their off lease units from a nearby township. Commercial front mowers are well built but I still didn't want one that was likely heavily used and abused by a wide range of operators.

Timing is everything when buying expensive stuff. My daughter was getting her driver's license just after the start of the pandemic when everything was shut down and nothing big was selling. I gave her my 2014 Cadillac ATS to drive planning to replace it with the current model Cadillac CT-4 but I hated the feel of the new 4 cylinder powertrain options. The Cadillac saleswoman I have dealt with for many years told me, "this is going to sound crazy but I want you to take this loaded Camaro out for a test drive". It has the same great chassis as the CT-4 and I ended up ordering a 2021 Camaro as my new daily driver which has the same 3.6L V6 as my old Cadillac. The dealer and GM were not moving anything so incentives were dropping live leaves in the fall and the $40,060 MSRP car was mine for $24,500 with multiple discounts (including a cash discount) along with some GM card cash. Try getting a discount like that now :)

Rodger

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
I bought a B2601 last month 0% down 0% financing and free delivery (35 miles) not bragging but try elsewhere. I think if you buy KTAC in the loan you get approved instantly seemed that way for me anyway.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I bought a B2601 last month 0% down 0% financing and free delivery (35 miles) not bragging but try elsewhere. I think if you buy KTAC in the loan you get approved instantly seemed that way for me anyway.
Most anyone can do exactly the same thing.....
No price negotiation/haggle....
"0% down 0% financing....
Just sign here..... on the dotted line!

John D 2

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Inventories are definitely changing on some of the product lines.

Last year I was told it would take 8-10 months just to get a belly mower for the B2601.

The one I purchased with my tractor last week was in stock.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Your house is a liability until you sell and make money on it THEN it's an asset.
same as everything you 'own' like trucks, tractors, paintings on the wall, even stocks and other 'paper' products.
Not in my mind. In a later post, you said you have no liabilities. Which means you are debt-free just like I am, other than a car loan that I could pay off tomorrow if I wanted to.

The value of a paid off piece of property is my mind no different than stocks somewhere; they have value, but you don’t see it until you cash them in. Same with a piece of property with or without a home on it. As an asset they are no different.

edit: of course, it’s a matter of definition. By yours stocks, perhaps even money in the bank, has nothing other than liability value until you cash them in or take it out. I’m not sure that’s the way the legal system works though… but I can relate…

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
$800 discount is currently the standard discount, per Kubota website. Equine discount gives you same again.

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
Way back when I was young (and in the military), I applied for a sears card. I got denied for the same reason as the OP, not enough credit history. So I waited, got a couple of other loans, paid them , etc, etc. then applied to sears again.
I got turned down because I had too much credit activity!

there is no understanding how credit people view the world.

And no, I no longer worry about credit ratings either. 😁

Reactions: 1 users

Brush&dirt

Jun 15, 2023
USA
Been shopping Kubota and Bobcat for a tractor and mini excavator. None of my local Kubota dealers offer any kind of cash discount. Bobcat offered $2500 off for cash per machine.

Being owner of an excavating business, ive never purchased equipment from a dealer who didnt offer a cash discount. This may be a first for me buying Kubota with no cash discount seeing as I have very, very few options for a 25hp conventional tail swing excavator.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Inventories are definitely changing on some of the product lines.

Last year I was told it would take 8-10 months just to get a belly mower for the B2601.

The one I purchased with my tractor last week was in stock.
When I bought my B2601 in April of ‘22 attachment inventory was low. I made the deal on a Saturday pm. The tractor was there with an FEL on it (in late ‘21, early ‘22 attachments with hydraulic cylinders were very difficult to get). Told the sales guy I want a MMM, he shows me one in the box, it’s a 54”. Says the 60” I want is about 400 miles south in the warehouse, they can have it in a couple days. The next Monday I’m talking to the finance person, she says we can’t get you that MMM. I said what’s the ETA, she says they don’t have one and can’t get one. I asked when’s the last time you sold one? she says last June. I told her the deal is off unless I get a MMM since it is spring, I have grass to mow and I’m not buying the tractor to collect dust in the barn. She has no idea what to do. I asked do you want to close this deal? She did, I told her mount the 54” MMM in the box your sales guy showed me two days ago and we’ll be able to close this deal. I was a bit surprised that they had zero idea as to what to do to get to yes. By the end of last summer they seemed to be nearly back to normal, other than the 10% jump in prices.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Way back when I was young (and in the military), I applied for a sears card. I got denied for the same reason as the OP, not enough credit history. So I waited, got a couple of other loans, paid them , etc, etc. then applied to sears again.
I got turned down because I had too much credit activity!

there is no understanding how credit people view the world.

And no, I no longer worry about credit ratings either. 😁
You got the last laugh.
Sears is LONG gone!

• Haha

AndreTea

Oct 30, 2023
USA
Last year, I was denied credit for four different applications and it was difficult to understand what the problem was, because I had a good credit score at that time. When I decided to check my credit report, I saw that my credit report is showing deceased on transunion report. Maybe in your case you had some errors in your report too, that made them not give you the best terms. I suggest you check your report, but if you have no errors there, you have to improve your credit history.

Last edited:
  • Wow