Kubota cylinder head for D850 engine

jamesrhansen

Equipment
Kubota 1550HST
Jun 11, 2020
PA
I am searching for a new/rebuilt cylinder head for a Kubota B1550 HSD 4WD tractor

Serial #63395 Purchased in 1994

D850 5B engine

The top of the head has the following stamped on it with raised number/letters

K6-B on left hand side

40310 on right hand side

I have an original parts manual for the tractor and it says

Part #
19267-0304-0

Does anyone know where I can get one from. I tried to buy on Amazon and that did not work out I am having Amazon fight the seller to return the one they sent me from China and get my money back.

I went to my local dealer Messicks in Carlisle PA and they are on back order from Kubota with no ETA and they have been unable to source one from any of their suppliers.

Thanks

Last edited:

jamesrhansen

Equipment
Kubota 1550HST
Jun 11, 2020
PA
Issue finally resolved. Took the made in china cylinder head to a machine shop. 313.00 dollars later cylinder head is installed and working. They did a valve job, new valve seats, and new valve stem seals.
I purchased the cylinder head using amazon which is a good thing because they have something called A to Z guarantee. Basically you report the issue about the defective part I got it fixed submitted the receipt and Amazon is trying to get my money back for the valve job to fix the defective part. If the seller does not give me the money Amazon will de-list the seller and not let them sell on Amazon again.

I purchased the cylinder head with delivery for 595 dollars spent an additional 313 to get it fixed and Amazon should get that money back for me.

Thanks everyone for your support. Kubota stopped manufacturing this part so you can't buy it from a dealer.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
It sounds like it all worked out in the end, albeit a long walk to the barn.

But are you saying Amazon might get you the $313 as well, or just the initial $595?

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Glad to read about your success.

Please post back when the "guarantee" outcome is finalized. It will be interesting to learn how long it takes for the money to be refunded or extra effort is required on your part.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It sounds like it all worked out in the end, albeit a long walk to the barn.

But are you saying Amazon might get you the $313 as well, or just the initial $595?
I think he is saying he hopes to get the cost of the repair reimbursed. Net result being he paid the original price for something now working.

But I do not want to put words in his mouth. :)