Kubota cab gun mount or shovel holder

Maine Farmer

Equipment
M6040, m6800, IH 1066 hydro, jd3020
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
After trying a few different ways and methods of trying to safely carry a rifle in one of our cabbed tractors, the Koplin Rhino Pro mounts are the way to go. Made from diecast aluminum and over molded rubber, these mounts are built like a tank and will outlast any of the cheap plastic ones. Only down side it they are sold in a set of two only so you might end up with a spare or give to a buddy. Here is my youtube video showing the installation on 2 different tractors (a m6040 and a m6800):

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I think the solution is you have the extra one for the 2nd rifle/shotgun in the cab😉. I have very similar mounts across the front rack on my atv. They work very well. I’ve never used in a vertical application but I suspect with the butt of stock on floor they will be great. I’d like to find a similar solution for both of my open station but I don’t think I have quiet the amount of space you do. Nice mod. 👍

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
After trying a few different ways and methods of trying to safely carry a rifle in one of our cabbed tractors, the Koplin Rhino Pro mounts are the way to go. Made from diecast aluminum and over molded rubber, these mounts are built like a tank and will outlast any of the cheap plastic ones. Only down side it they are sold in a set of two only so you might end up with a spare or give to a buddy. Here is my youtube video showing the installation on 2 different tractors (a m6040 and a m6800):
This is really an honest question.

Just wondering why one needs to carry a gun in his tractor.

No problem with that, just something I never felt the need to do.

Again, I don't care if anyone needs to carry a guy in their tractor or not. Their choice and matters not to me.

Just curious about the need...curiosity is my weakness I suppose...no more than that.

I am sure there are multiple reasons I do not comprehend as the result of not feeling the need.

Edit: I should add, if I lived a bad section of the city, I probably would not need my tractors, but would NEED a gun!

2nd Edit: I should also mention I have access to a couple nice pieces, an AR15 and an interesting double barrel 12 gage with external hammers that I heard was used for home defense in Brazil...LOL. Both reside in a large old safe I got years ago from a building in downtown Pittsburgh. Keep them in the safe along with other important items.

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Very slippery slope to ask why someone needs ‘anything’….it suggests in someone’s opinion it’s not necessary….sort of the way the media and govt like to separate people into groups. I am not saying that was your intent, but be aware that to some that can be perceived as the very desrespectful way that anti firearm folks like to talk down to firearm owners and people who choose to carry a firearm. Next the thought should be towards how safely it was done. Looks like it was pretty secure. 👍. Now that I am off my soapbox, and the simple answer to your question is because I want to. There are host of reasons from personal protection, protection of property, varmint control, using tractor at shooting range or in a hunting situation…at least that is why I do. I am sure there are more reasons. I hope that helps.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
(sort of) Joke #1: That's illegal in Massachusetts. 🤡

Response to Henro #1: It's not a Bill of Needs, It's a Bill of Rights. ;)

" " " #2: Rabid Coyotes / as above, field varmint control. :cool:
some people that own Kubota's are actually really real farmers.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I carry a revolver in a holster on my hip when I'm either on or in the tractors, but that's only because I carry the same revolver on a daily basis and it's normal for me. I don't see myself carrying a rifle in the cab even though I did shoot an elk from the bedroom window two seasons ago.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Cool video and it looks like a good product. I'm a fan of the Ruger Mini-14/30 ... great truck gun for sure.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
If Henro saw where some of the jobs I've done were, he'd have an answer.

Recently did two digs at an apartment complex where some youngin' gang members stabbed a young lad, then lit him on fire (whilst still breathing) and threw him in the dumpster. I knew the location rang a bell for me...I remembered the picture in the news.

Any more questions? ;)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
1) Nice mod. Would like to figure out a good long gun carrier for my open station but don’t have the room the OP has in his cab.

2) Variety of reasons people have guns on tractors. Around here, mostly for farmers with depredation permits that allow them to kill white tail deer without regard to seasons or bag limits. Often they get acclimated to the presence of farm equipment and they’re just easy to shoot with a long gun without even stopping the tractor. But for that, many farmers’ crop damage from deer would be a serious problem. I’ve known farmers that kill 40 to 50 deer annually every year and still have significant deer caused crop loss on soybean and corn. They just keep coming like a hoard of zombies.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Maine Farmer

Equipment
M6040, m6800, IH 1066 hydro, jd3020
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Where we farm, the tractor serves as a truck a good part of the time and unfortunately going back to the house because you need something is crazy, or going to get something or someone hurt. In my lifetime there have been four times I’ve had to deal with rabid animals (mostly fox and one coon) and while I have dispatched them with a shovel I would rather use a rifle any day. When it’s a half hour walk back to the house you figure out ways to haul things/tools you will need on your tractor :)

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
When people ask me why have a gun, I reply with, well, do you have a fire extinguisher? Might not ever need, but if you do, way better to have it than not.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
This is really an honest question.

No problem with that, just something I never felt the need to do.

Again, I don't care if anyone needs to carry a guy in their tractor or not. Their choice and matters not to me.

Just curious about the need...curiosity is my weakness I suppose...no more than that.

I am sure there are multiple reasons I do not comprehend as the result of not feeling the need.

Edit: I should add, if I lived a bad section of the city, I probably would not need my tractors, but would NEED a gun!

2nd Edit: I should also mention I have access to a couple nice pieces, an AR15 and an interesting double barrel 12 gage with external hammers that I heard was used for home defense in Brazil...LOL. Both reside in a large old safe I got years ago from a building in downtown Pittsburgh. Keep them in the safe along with other important items.
1644493607529.jpeg

Maybe needs two hands to operate the back hoe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I have a pretty simple system. I keep a pistol handy for armadillos.
7316A5F5-F7C0-4569-B292-8D9FCB261403.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users