Kubota BX2660

AlexHutton

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Feb 15, 2015
Sperry
HI I own a Kubota BX 2660 with 1,146.8 hours on it and last summer I noticed a huge ammount of oil was leaking somewere from the engine, I am wondering were it is coming from, and from what the techs are telling me it is a front main seal, but I 1. dont know were that is located, 2. It looks like it is coming from the oilpan gasket, possibly, and was wondering if it was the oil pan gasket, that if I can replace that gasket if that is what is leaking oil, on my own?

I also noticed that it stoped sometime later like three months after it started leaking that it stopped leaking, and just now did it start leaking again.

I also was wondering about my headlights and one of the taillights starting with the taillight the connector were you insert the bulb is very loose and the bulb does not have good contact with the contacts for the power, and was wondering if there is any way you can replace the socket and the connector by itself by unplugging a connector somewhere in the wiring harness, and I hope there is or is it that it is all conected as one strand in the wiring harness, and I would have to replace that just to replace the socket, and my headlights dont work either, and I am wondering if there is a paticular spot in the wiring were it has lets say corroded, or is shorting out, or is it the switch?

Thanks,
Alex Hutton

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum Alex. How long have you had this tractor?

AlexHutton

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Feb 15, 2015
Sperry
But with all of that facts, I dont forget the fact that I try to use it everyday, to prevent things from happening, for example, when an gasket gets very cold from not being in use it cracks, therefor it causes a leak because of abnormal use, the worst thing you can do to a piece of equipment is let it sit, and let it develop problems because It is not being used from time to time. One thing that probably has something to do with it though is I own my own lawn Service. But I respect that as well, and therefor it is my seweetheart. I would never let my sweetheart down, in any way possible, just like she never lets me down, other than these problems, but these problems are not considered problems that would let me down, I would do anything for my sweetheart, to keep her alive as long and as healthy as possible.

AlexHutton

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Feb 15, 2015
Sperry
Everything I have done ever sense I have owned my baby is the following
Changed the oil every 70 hours, except for the break in interval which is the first 10 hours change the oil and oil filter on engine,
Add ultra sulfer diesel when diesel level in tank has reached a minimum of 3/4 of a tank,
Changed both fuel filters every 200 hours, although owners manuel calls for 400 hours, but I have had problems with me waiting until 400 hours, which is a seperate conversation, but feel free to ask if wanted,
Trany fluid change, filter and screens cleaned first 50 then every 250 hours after that, for prevenative maintnence,
changed air filter every 75 hours, because of dusty enviorment in Oklahoma,
Bleed injectors as needed,
I think that covers it for the most part, but I'm sure I missed something, so feel free to ask, and feel free for your opinions and advice,
Thanks,
Alex Hutton.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds to me like you need to bite the bullet and replace the front seal, crankshaft collar, and O-Ring.
It's not that hard of a job, simple tools needed.

AlexHutton

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Feb 15, 2015
Sperry
Ok, what all do I need to do in order to replace those Items, the only way I see of doing any work on it is to lift the engine up and replace those items, or can you do it with the engine still mounted? I highly doubt it that I can do it while it is still on the tractor though.

gatsby174

Feb 16, 2015
New York
Just out of curiosity, if you ate filling the fuel tank when it gets to 3/4 full, why have u had to bleed injectors? Gelled up?

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Filling tank when it is at 3/4 tells me you are plagued with clogging of filters or a bad fuel pump. At full to 3/4 the fuel needs no fuel pump since tank is high enuff to provide the fuel by gravity and it helps to overcome clogged filters. I've had the same problem. These fuel filter are too small and also too fine. In my opinion the BX is not that great a machine due to these drawbacks.

Wild fire up in Nova scotia solved it by installing a large fuel filter, but a real job that.

AlexHutton

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Feb 15, 2015
Sperry
Ok, I am making people confused, because I did not clarify some things, I do apologize,
The only reason why I said I keep my fuel tank at 3/4 of a tank or higher, is because I have had a problem with condensation, and that has caused enough trouble that I have to add a water remover, along with over time fuel gelling, I dont have this problem anymore thankfully. When I told everyone that I have had to bleed the injectors, it was because my fuel filters were becoming clogged, and I needed to replace them. I have now done it twice. that was the only reason why I have had to bleed the injectors out, and for safety, I always keep my tank 3/4 of the way full or more, to prevent having condensation problems again.

I hope this makes better sense, but if not, dont hesitate to ask me again, along with more questions and answers, Also I do belive my fuel pump, is fine, because there is no abnormal things going on with it, and it was just the fuel filters, making it unable to do its job.
Thanks,
Alex Hutton.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Loose light bulb sockets usually can be fixed by bending some metal. If you want to replace it, simply cut the wire and install a new one. Connect old to new wire with a twist, solder and tape it up. It won't change the resale value. I see I am not the only one with fine filters plugging early on. None of my blue tractors have ever had fuel filter plugged up.

AlexHutton

Equipment
Kubota BX2660
Feb 15, 2015
Sperry
ok Thank you so Much all of your opinions matter to me
Thank you,
Alex Hutton

I also have another question, for other people, and that is do other BX owners and tech's have problems with the bar with the 2 metal pieces that fit only one way in the same spot on each side of the frome of the 3 point hitch, have problems with it coming apart, were the bar slides through a indented spot in the frame and which the couplers, if you will come out of there moldings, spots were their suppost to be installed, I keep having trouble with the holders coming out of where their suppost to be installed?

Thanks.