Kubota bx2370 mower deck won’t stay up

JTom

May 28, 2023
Cantucky
I have a bx2370. The cutting height adjustment knob will not stay on the setting I put it on. If I mow at 3 inches it will fall down to 2 inches quickly. It walks its way down. I’ve had it on 3.5 and it has walked down to 2 inches after 30 min of mowing. I have had it at 2 kubota dealers. Neither wanted to/would/could fix it. The first replaced the spiral cam 3 times. They said it may be a problem with the frame. The second said they replaced everything that holds the mower deck up. They said the frame where the cam sits is wallered. Said it was as good as it gets, but it’s exactly as it was when I first took it, except now I’m out $400. Both times I brought it home and had to take it back to the dealer. So both dealers had it twice. First gave me my $300 back. Second won’t return my calls. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Take it to a welder and have the worn about part repaired. That nice of the dealer to charge you not to fix it. I’m extremely surprised one gave you you money back. Highly unusual. You might consider that the better of the two dealers.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
while I don't have a MMM, curious was I...
..found this...
is '060' still there ??
is '010' the part they replaced??
The hole in the frame that '010' sits should be a hole not 'wallered' or 'egg shaped'.
K13500.png

JTom

May 28, 2023
Cantucky
while I don't have a MMM, curious was I...
..found this...
is '060' still there ??
is '010' the part they replaced??
The hole in the frame that '010' sits should be a hole not 'wallered' or 'egg shaped'.
View attachment 103642
010 is the part they replaced mutiple times. They are saying the hole in the frame that 010 sits in is wallered and that there is no fix for it. I’m no mechanic so not sure if 060 Issa I’ll there but I appreciate the diagram. I need to look. I figured if two dealers can’t fix it then I definitely can’t. However surely i can find a welder who can ?

Turfturd

Equipment
B7510
May 20, 2021
Missouri
010 is the part they replaced mutiple times. They are saying the hole in the frame that 010 sits in is wallered and that there is no fix for it. I’m no mechanic so not sure if 060 Issa I’ll there but I appreciate the diagram. I need to look. I figured if two dealers can’t fix it then I definitely can’t. However surely i can find a welder who can ?
I had the same problem with my MMM. I have a B7510 and I could not keep the mower deck at a consistent height. I ended up using some heavy duty chain and clevises that hooked from the mower deck to the tractor frame. I adjusted the links for the HOC that I wanted. It seem to work for now.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
If the hole is worn, then yeah it can be welded then redrilled. I don't really see how that hole could make an issue.....perhaps it's letting 020 flop around so it doesn't engage properly? I would have thought it was more likely to be where 010 and 060 engage - that's presumably what's supposed to hold the deck up.

Are you able to wiggle it and see it lower - i.e. work out how exactly it's managing to wriggle loose? Lying under it and shaking things (but not until it drops on your head....) might give you a lot of information.

Reactions: 1 user