Kubota BX2350 enough to power Caroni TC590 mower?

Ocalatony

Equipment
Kubota BX2350 and Ford 1720
Jul 4, 2021
Ocala FL
Hello all, first post here.

I have had a Ford 1720 for several years and purchased a Caroni TC590 finish mower to pull behind it. Great finish mower for me and my 2 acres.

I recently purchased a Kubota BX2350 (Love it!!!) and I'd like to know if the Caroni rear discharge TC590 (5 foot approximately 3 blade) is too much for the Kubota to pull?

I'm in central Florida on mostly flat or near flat ground, and I'm thinking of going this route rather than chase down a belly mower that my BX didn't come with.

The specs for the Caroni state 15HP - 30HP as ideal, but I'm not sure if that refers to the tractor horsepower, 23, or the stated PTO horsepower, 17.

I guess I'm at the low end of the range either way, but of course Kubota does make a 60" deck for these machines, although the gear box is admittedly much smaller.

Of course I'd be pulling it in low gear and not trying to set any speed records.

Appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Sounds like it'll work fine in the conditions you describe. Used to pull a 5 foot Woods mower in the 70's with an L175.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

I have had a Ford 1720 for several years and purchased a Caroni TC590 finish mower to pull behind it. Great finish mower for me and my 2 acres.

I recently purchased a Kubota BX2350 (Love it!!!) and I'd like to know if the Caroni rear discharge TC590 (5 foot approximately 3 blade) is too much for the Kubota to pull?

I'm in central Florida on mostly flat or near flat ground, and I'm thinking of going this route rather than chase down a belly mower that my BX didn't come with.

The specs for the Caroni state 15HP - 30HP as ideal, but I'm not sure if that refers to the tractor horsepower, 23, or the stated PTO horsepower, 17.

I guess I'm at the low end of the range either way, but of course Kubota does make a 60" deck for these machines, although the gear box is admittedly much smaller.

Of course I'd be pulling it in low gear and not trying to set any speed records.

Specs refer to PTO HP.

Should handle it if you're not in a great hurry and it's not too heavy.

SDT

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

I run a 60" haben finishing mower behind my BX24d.. It handles it well in the conditions we have here in Alberta.