Kubota Ballast Box

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
Does Kubota make a Ballast Box? If they do I can’t find it. Failing that will the Titan one work? All of the ones I see are painted green and hooked to a Deere. I’d rather not have to make one myself.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Kubota ballast box to fit your tractor is B5320 If you have a loader one should have came with it.

Traderdell

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, BX2370 (sold)
Apr 29, 2016
Clifton Springs,NY
Kubota ballast box to fit your tractor is B5320 If you have a loader one should have came with it.
I won’t have the tractor until late this week but I did order it with the loader so we’ll see. I’ll call the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks,
Gregg

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
There are 2, definitely get the B5320. I bought the B8160 and sold it due to not fitting a quick hitch. I wish I new there was 2 :confused:

Last edited:

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I had a similar problem for my BX, I couldn’t find a ballast box for mine. When I spoke to my Kubota dealer, they wanted a fortune.. I ended up “borrowing” my fathers John Deere ballast box for snow plowing. Yes, it’s JD Green, but it had that magical price of FREE, so I’m over it! He he he.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I made one for my L3830 out of an old Westinghouse welding generator. It’s full of scrap metal and works perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users

Lizlec

Equipment
BX1870-1 + LA203A FEL + B2789 3PT SB + 54" HLA1500 Snowpusher
Feb 4, 2018
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada
It doesn't "come with" the loader ... it's to be bought seperately. While not mandatory it's highly recommended to have a ballast while using the FEL. If you plan to have any attachment on the 3 point hitch it can act as the ballast ... in exemple in winter it's my snowblower ;-)

For myself I've pourred a concrete block with 5 premixed bags of concrete and threaded rods that I fasten under my drawbar ... 330 lbs of ballast that cost me 50$ ;-).

Last edited:

deathtoblackberries

Equipment
B2920
Mar 25, 2013
Battle Ground, WA
I plan to buy the Kubota ballast box for my BX2380, none in stock locally so I'll have my dealer order one. I saw where a guy put casters on the bottom of his I plan to do that also. If you think the ballast box is expense, go price suitcase weights good lord, yeah I'll fill the ballast box with cheap concrete bricks.

Reactions: 1 user

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
That block of concrete is a great solution! Thank you for posting, you have given me an idea for a similar contraption.

How much does it weigh?

This site is a wealth of practical engineering and country wisdom.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I bought mine from Palletforks.com. (Titan)
Free shipping, fits the quick hitch and about $250.
I believe they have a 1-% coupon out there as well. It's sturdy and you can fill it with just about anything you want. Mine is with solid concrete half-blocks which when filled is just right for my B2320 with the LA604 loader....about 400#.
It also has a receiver and a sliding gate if you fill it with sand or pea gravel.
The Kubota brand is a bit pricey.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
I bought mine from Palletforks.com. (Titan)
Free shipping, fits the quick hitch and about $250.
I believe they have a 1-% coupon out there as well. It's sturdy and you can fill it with just about anything you want. Mine is with solid concrete half-blocks which when filled is just right for my B2320 with the LA604 loader....about 400#.
It also has a receiver and a sliding gate if you fill it with sand or pea gravel.
The Kubota brand is a bit pricey.
Same here. Painted it Kubota orange, added Kubota and reflector decals, installed an upright Olympic plate adaptor. Collectively weighs ~ 400lbs.

Lizlec

Equipment
BX1870-1 + LA203A FEL + B2789 3PT SB + 54" HLA1500 Snowpusher
Feb 4, 2018
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada
That block of concrete is a great solution! Thank you for posting, you have given me an idea for a similar contraption.

How much does it weigh?

This site is a wealth of practical engineering and country wisdom.
I've used 5 bags of 30 KG (66 lbs) of premixed concrete so 330 lbs plus the rebar I've throwed in to make sure it won't fall appart if it ever crack and the drawbar / hitch I would guess I'm close to 360 - 370 lbs ...

Since I've already own the drawbar and hitch and had the rebar and wood plancks (for forms) from a previous project it cost me roughly 50 CAD$ for the block and the threaded rod :)

Last edited: