kubota b7200hst engine?

junglejim

Equipment
b7200hst
May 20, 2011
echo mn
i recently bought a kubota b7200hst for 300 bucks but here is the kicker the motor is in a basket full of parts and it is missing the starter flywheel clutch and all 3 injectors so i quess i am wondering what i should do with it rebuild what i have or try and put somthing differant in it or if you guys my have any suggestions on what would fit any info would be appreciated thanks

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
the motor is in a basket full of parts and it is missing the starter flywheel clutch and all 3 injectors so i quess i am wondering what i should do with it rebuild what i have or try and put somthing differant in it
Before any decision can be made as to rebuild or replace one would have to determine exactly what condition the existing motor is in, , You indicate the motor is a basketful of parts and is missing starter flywheel clutch and 3 injectors, Is the motor actually partially disassembled and the parts in a basket or box , Can you turn the motor over by hand, Did the previous owner split the tractor remove the starter,flywheel and clutch and then put it back together without them, How much of the motor is actually disassembled, Is the cylinder head off, Can you see the pistons and cylinder walls, What condition are they in, What did the person you acquired the tractor from tell you the reason was for disassembly.

What is your level of mechanical expertise, Are you confident in your abilities to disassemble and rebuild the motor or would it just be easier for you to try to find a replacement motor and is finding a replacement motor either used or rebuilt possible and economically feasible.

And in the end will you have invested more money into the tractor than what it is worth and what you could have purchased a similar running unit for.

Do you have the time,tools and location to perform the needed repairs or will you have to pay someone else to do them

I would first try to determine exactly why the existing motor was disassembled and use that as a starting point, Turning it over by hand will give you some indication but without knowing the condition prior to disassembly and why it was disassembled you are taking a chance unless you intend to completely disassemble and rebuild.

According to the specs charts listed in this site the B7200 uses the D950 engine and it was specific to that model, One of the other techs here may be able to tell you if certain parts from other tractor models/engine models interchange.

Best of luck
Val

And as Big T mentioned you are going to need to need metric Wrenches,sockets and possibly have to fabricate certain specialty tools such as a deep socket for removing the front crankshaft pulley nut

Last edited:

junglejim

Equipment
b7200hst
May 20, 2011
echo mn
well it is completely disassemled the crank seems to be good the bores and pistons dont look bad either i have a buddy of mine maging the block and the head so far from looking at the parts we have we cant figure out why they would have taken it apart when i asked them why they took it apart they said cuz it was hard to start but ran fine after it was started that could have been the injectors cuz he said they were rusty i would do all the work myself i realy dont know what the value of this tractor is but i do think it would be fun to have fixed up and would make a good pair with my jd750 but kinda of lost on where to get parts and what they cost

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I believe several of the members here work at Kubota Dealerships so they should be able to help you out if you now what you need, You can also get an idea on what the cost from the below site.

http://www.tractorsmart.com/PartsBooksKubota/KubotaPriceList.asp

There are also several tractor junk yards listed on the internet that you can check with for used parts.

i would do all the work myself i realy dont know what the value of this tractor is but i do think it would be fun to have fixed up and would make a good pair with my jd750
I feels the same way about certain pet projects, Sometimes I know going in that I am going to spend way more money and time repairing than what it will ever be worth but I go ahead and do it anyway, Unfortunately sometimes when a project is started money and time will be invested putting it together then finding out a key part is missing or unusable and no longer available or just so extremely unaffordable the project gets put on hold or abandoned.

Make a list of the parts you need and reach out to one of the guys on here that sells kubota parts or even post a wanted list in the classifiied section of the forums here.