Kubota b7100 pin pipe

MOW

New member

Equipment
B7100
Feb 8, 2018
7
0
1
Belton
I have a big oil leak between the block and head right above the oil pressure sensor. First time I forgot the oil ring. I took the head back off to put an o ring on the pin pine and notice that the pin pipe is flush with the block. I took the block to a machine shop and had new sleeves put in. I have some old pics of the pin pipe before the machine shop and some after. The pin pipe came back from the shop flush. I am not sure what they did to make it flush. Can the pin pipe be replaced.
 

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,460
11,248
113
Sandpoint, ID
OMG...
Yes it just pulls out. Use a bolt extractor or a screw to pull it up.
How much exactly did they take off the top of the block?
You will need to add the shim of that exact amount under the injection pump or the timing will be wrong!
And you have RTV under the injection pump, HUGE NO NO, that alone will throw the timing off a lot.
Of you want to install any sealer at all a very light copper coat will do it, but normally everything installed clean and dry will seal up fine.

Pin Pipe: 15221-33650
O-ring: 15221-33700 (not a normal off the shelf O-ring)
 

MOW

New member

Equipment
B7100
Feb 8, 2018
7
0
1
Belton
OMG... Yes it just pulls out. Use a bolt extractor or a screw to pull it up.
How much exactly did they take off the top of the block?
You will need to add the shim of that exact amount under the injection pump or the timing will be wrong!

Pin Pipe: 15221-33650
O-ring: 15221-33700 (not a normal off the shelf O-ring)
They didn’t say anything about taking anything off the block. I just told them them to put new sleeves in. The block didn’t look like it had anything shaved off. Just the pin pipe was gone. I think they may have used a press for the sleeves and forgot the pin pipe was there. I ordered a new pin pipe. Just hope I can get it out.
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,460
11,248
113
Sandpoint, ID
OH NO! That's REALLY REALLY BAD!
If they pressed the pin pipe in, you're very likely in some serious trouble.
If they used that much force to push it in, it will not simply pull out!
And honestly I would be quite shocked if the block isn't cracked internally!
Take off the oil pressure sender and look in the hole and see if you see the bottom edge of the pin pipe.
If luck is on your side you might be able to help pry it up and out with a bar in the hole.
 

kubotafreak

Well-known member

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
1,049
402
83
Arkansas, US
OH NO! That's REALLY REALLY BAD!
If they pressed the pin pipe in, you're very likely in some serious trouble.
If they used that much force to push it in, it will not simply pull out!
And honestly I would be quite shocked if the block isn't cracked internally!
Take off the oil pressure sender and look in the hole and see if you see the bottom edge of the pin pipe.
If luck is on your side you might be able to help pry it up and out with a bar in the hole.
Beat me to it. Ya I bet they just tapped it down thinking it should be flush. Did you put an aftermarket head on? Perhaps something not interfacing right?