Kubota B7100 3 point ?

BCRWL

Equipment
B7100 with D-19 FE Loader / year 1978ish
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
1978ish B7100. Rear lift seems to have gotten weak. So I removed the bolt which appears to be the 3 point oil filter part #66611-36120 but there is no screen. So is it possible it fell off? Would that contribute to 3 point losing power?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The part number has changed.

forum B7100 oil screen.jpg

It is more likely that if your hydraulic system has been running without a screen, the pump has been ingesting small particles leading to accelerated wear.

Is the loader powered by the main hydraulic pump or does it have an independent pump driven from the front of the engine crankshaft?

Which transmission does your tractor have?

Dave

BCRWL

Equipment
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca

View attachment 54442

It is more likely that if your hydraulic system has been running without a screen, the pump has been ingesting small particles leading to accelerated wear.

Is the loader powered by the main hydraulic pump or does it have an independent pump driven from the front of the engine crankshaft?

Dave

View attachment 54442

Dave
Main hydraulic pump. The front end loader has its own which is run off the front

BCRWL

Equipment
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca

View attachment 54442

Dave
Yes. The screen is gone.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
You feel the 3 pt is weak. Will it hold a load in an elevated position for some time. This to determine the condition of the 3 pt piston seals.

If a load drops quickly on the 3 pt hitch, leaking piston seals would be the first repair to try.

Invest in a 0-3000 psi pressure gauge for $15 + a few $ for some fittings.

amazon

Only with real pressure readings can you assess the condition of the pump.

HST or manual transmission?

Dave

BCRWL

Equipment
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
You feel the 3 pt is weak. Will it hold a load in an elevated position for some time. This to determine the condition of the 3 pt piston seals.

If a load drops quickly on the 3 pt hitch, leaking piston seals would be the first repair to try.

Invest in a 0-3000 psi pressure gauge for $15 + a few $ for some fittings.

amazon

Only with real pressure readings can you assess the condition of the pump.

HST or manual transmission?

Dave
Manual transmission. Once I get my solenoid I’ll start it up and get specific info. I believe it got weak because I could not lift my trailer with the hitch ball I attached to scraper like it used to It does lift scraper. As far as that screen should I not worry about it ? Or attempt to take apart and remove. I will order a new filter and change hydraulic oil.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Manual transmission. Once I get my solenoid I’ll start it up and get specific info. I believe it got weak because I could not lift my trailer with the hitch ball I attached to scraper like it used to It does lift scraper. As far as that screen should I not worry about it ? Or attempt to take apart and remove. I will order a new filter and change hydraulic oil.
As far as the piece of missing screen/filter, really you have no idea if it is inside and even if it is, up to now it has not caused any issues so I would install a new one and continue to use the tractor.

Will the scraper stay in the elevated/up position with the tractor off?

Dave

Walker111

Equipment
G5200
Sep 7, 2018
Fburg VA

View attachment 54442

Dave
Does the B7100 have this screen? I thought only the HST models do. I havent had my B7500D for long, but I think only the HST's have that screen, not the manuals.

BCRWL

Equipment
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
Well maybe mine does not have a screen after all. Photo of what I thought was it. I searched around and found another which is on bottom of gearbox.
69761ED1-2EF5-4F18-9DEA-B012A09EF1A0.jpeg

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Well maybe mine does not have a screen after all. Photo of what I thought was it. I searched around and found another which is on bottom of gearbox. View attachment 54485
The fitting that you have circled does not have the screen. It is down below.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Does the B7100 have this screen? I thought only the HST models do. I havent had my B7500D for long, but I think only the HST's have that screen, not the manuals.
They all have the suction screen, manual trans or HST. The pump suction is located low in the transmission so it does not suck air.

forum B7100 manual.jpg

Dave