Kubota b7000 front ball pivot seals.

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota B7000 Cub Cadet 1782 Cub Cadet 78D York Three point rake Woods RM 400 mo
HI
Ok jacked up the front of the tractor greasy oily mess drips onto the ground.
I was going to check the oil in the reduction gear box at the wheels but apparently the seals for the ball pivot are no longer any good.
There looks to be two metal retainers one outside and one next to the gear case. Can these be reused; as they are looking pretty pricey.
Then there are holder seal 1 and seal dust cover and packing felt and dust cover 1 and 2?? Number 12 and number 14 look like metal that can be used over?

Next comes the bad part If I look up everything for a b6000 it is different numbers than a b7100. Which would possible fit the b7000 I am working on?

Not to mention the bearings and play in the rf wheel hub

Attachments

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
Hit a snag on the seals for the front axle
There is a lot of play in the king pins
So no use putting in new seals before I put in new pins and bushings

finally got the king pins and bushings. Bad part the lower king pin is frozen into the housing. the bushing can be seen turning in its housing.
tried heat but no luck on that I can drive it in a smidge but raising it is a little tough. I may try to weld a nut on the end of the king pin and try putting a impact gun on it.

Last edited:

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
As for the seals and felt wiper for the ball joint. The metal dust cover have been cut on the bottom; So each one is in two pieces. There is nothing left of the seal that sits in the two metal dust covers. The felt wiper was installed at the gear housing ??

The gear housing was packed with grease. No wonder I could not get much udt oil or gear oil into the gear housing. All this must have left water in the ball joint as the lower king pin is frozen to the metal housing. Or it is frozen to the support bearing?? The shaft will not turn.

If anyone can tell me which direction the rubber seal should be installed would appreciate the advise.

King pins and bushings out new ones in. Bad part all the seals for the ball are for a b7100 and they are too large. This has the original ball seals where the metal retainers are two piece - like someone to a b7100 metal dust cover and cut it in half. I also ordered bearings for the b7100 gear case I hope that they are the same.

Good news the pins and bushings all the bearings replaced. New sleeves for where the seals ride installed. I have parts for the ball seals on the way again. with the bad king pins and busing's it destroyed the metal retainers for the ball joint. Hope these will be the ones that fit.

Last edited:

kaze

Premium Member

Equipment
After a bunch of dollars in buying parts that do not fit
I hit on the ones that do fit
If anyone is interested they can pm me

All bearings clips gaskets and ball seals are replaced in the right side
Now to take the left side apart. I have all the parts for it but have to check the bearings and the axe shafts where the seals ride to see if they need sleeved.

Should anyone need seals and metal retainers for the front 4x4 axle
They are listed in the buy and sale folder.

blownlh

Feb 16, 2020
AU
Hello I am after part numbers four ball seals and king pins for b7000 four-wheel drive if you could help me that would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tomáš B7000

Equipment
Kubota B7000
Feb 14, 2022
Kladno, Czech republic
After a bunch of dollars in buying parts that do not fit
I hit on the ones that do fit
If anyone is interested they can pm me

All bearings clips gaskets and ball seals are replaced in the right side
Now to take the left side apart. I have all the parts for it but have to check the bearings and the axe shafts where the seals ride to see if they need sleeved.

Should anyone need seals and metal retainers for the front 4x4 axle
They are listed in the buy and sale folder.
Hello, I bought old Kubota B7000 and need dust seal (B7000 atypical front axle, I think smaller than B7001 and 7100). Original part number =66591-5671-1. Can you help me? I can´t find your buy and sale folder. Thanks Tom