kubota B6100 4 wheel drive lever

johndeere

Equipment
B6100
Mar 11, 2012
kansas city USA
Hi does any one know how to shift a b6100 out of 4 wheel drive the lever on mine seems to be stuck in the up position does the tractor need to be running thanks.

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Hi does any one know how to shift a b6100 out of 4 wheel drive the lever on mine seems to be stuck in the up position does the tractor need to be running thanks.
The lever has a spring and detent ball to hold it in place. The spring may have rusted and will not let the ball move back so you can shift it. Assuming this is the problem, this is what I would do.

If you try to move it without freeing up the ball, you will probably bend the lever. It happened on my sons B6100. Take a small punch and remove the roll pin from the lever. That will let you remove the lever and get to the ball and spring. We were able to free up his spring and get it working again. The previous owner had bent the lever so bad and the plate with the recess was so worn, we ultimately replaced them both. Here are a couple of pictures of how his looked. The first shows the lever removed and the worn recesses for the detent ball. The second shows the lever with the stuck spring and no ball.

I hope this helps and Good Luck,

John